Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Trading a 4th and 7th for a $7m backup isn't smart. There are much better alternatives to finding competition for Rush and White.   

I was talking about getting rid of Rush and maybe White. I meant starter competition if God forbid Dak goes down and we have to rely on Rush and White.

Dak is tough but he did take some pounding last year and the year before.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Wasn't there something floating around about Dallas trying to trade for Ogbah earlier in off season?

If Murray is all it took, they must not have pushed very hard.

I think it was more speculation since they had him as an OV and were planning on drafting him before the Browns took him a couple picks earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

The real question is who will be the first of these young franchise QBs to sign a LTD that doesn't make him the highest paid player ever. I would think Dak is probably the correct answer, but off the top of my head, the only "franchise QB" in that 6/16-present timeline to sign an extension with the team that drafted him that didn't reset the market in terms of APY was Bortles, so it's something to keep an eye on. There's no way we'd give him $36M per year.