Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I say if he is that expensive then we draft a new QB and start over. It seems to be getting easier for young QB's to come into talented teams and just succeed. And we've built one.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Pats, Seahawks, Bronco's must be really lucky to have been in multiple SB's then over the last 5 to 6 years.

I'd say it's more then just a roll of the dice. But that's just me.

they made the superbowl because they hired Peyton Manning. thats the only reason.

then they used a first rounder and it was an epic fail. objectively disproving your entire point

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

they made the superbowl because they hired Peyton Manning. thats the only reason.

then they used a first rounder and it was an epic fail. objectively disproving your entire point

Lol no it doesn't. I never said any QB that gets drafted can do it. But it has gotten much easier because of the system in place to make the NFL a passing game and QB friendly.

Lynch was just a bad pick under a bad QB coach. Peyton was effectively the reason why they lost the SB and was in no way the reason they won it the next time when he was utterly useless.

I still think 27-28 Is the number the cowboys agree to if Dak sticks to 31-33 then who knows.   

As far as pieces around him Dak/Cowboys do not need Zeke yes they need a top level back but it doesn’t have to be the best back in the game and it is easier IMO to win with a rookie high level RB  (close to Barkley) then find a QB in the draft that can win a super bowl.    

Does this team need Coop. Probably as well as Jaylon.   L Collins would help but not. A deal breaker

i love Zeke he is our best player by far.  But think back the past many years.   How many teams have won the super bowl with  one of the best RB in the game.   I think you have to go back to Lynch with Seattle and maybe the Denver back before that then Smith and the Cowboys that is what two teams the past 15 years not a good trend

Wow. WTH ?  Chiefs traded this yr's 1st and next yr's 2nd for Frank Clark ... then gave him $5yr / $105m / $63.5 G

Why in the hell did they trade Dee Ford? Why not keep the picks and give Ford a new contact? He signed for 5 yr / $85m / $45m G with SF.

What am I missing here? 

Chiefs absolutely hosed themselves here.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Wow. WTH ?  Chiefs traded this yr's 1st and next yr's 2nd for Frank Clark ... then gave him $5yr / $105m / $63.5 G

Why in the hell did they trade Dee Ford? Why not keep the picks and give Ford a new contact? He signed for 5 yr / $85m / $45m G with SF.

What am I missing here? 

Chiefs absolutely hosed themselves here.

I still wish we would have traded DLaw we could have even more compensation. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If it was Oakland?

Which first? If it was their first pick and next years 2nd? Maybeee... at least the Raiders won't have Pat Mahomes driving next years 2nd towards the 3rd round.

The Raiders 1st pick overall, and 2nd next year, and I'll probably need a mid round pick this year to sweeten the pot. I'm willing to pay him $22m so I value him 

Archived