Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Clark better be a helluva lot better than Ford, better locker guy, etc.  

They essentially traded Dee Ford, a 1st round pick, and $20M in contract value for Clark.

Really hard for me to believe that was worth it. Also hard for me to believe that adding another domestic abuser to the lineup is good for that locker room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They essentially traded Dee Ford, a 1st round pick, and $20M in contract value for Clark.

Really hard for me to believe that was worth it. Also hard for me to believe that adding another domestic abuser to the lineup is good for that locker room.

Exactly. This was a terrible trade for KC.

The decided not to pay Ford but then traded a 1st for a younger more expensive version.

39 minutes ago, CAPJ said:
1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Exactly. This was a terrible trade for KC.

The decided not to pay Ford but then traded a 1st for a younger more expensive version.

One thing I did forget is KC hired Spagnola to run the defense, so Ford would not have been a very good fit. That helps a little, but I still think KC got worked pretty badly as a whole. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

One thing I did forget is KC hired Spagnola to run the defense, so Ford would not have been a very good fit. That helps a little, but I still think KC got worked pretty badly as a whole. 

I don’t know that I’ll ever understand stuff like this. A coach has a good player, but not the right good players, so they spend a bunch of assets to make the change.

But this is why the Patriots run the league. They find what you are good at and let you do it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That's the part that had me really scratching my head. They immediately let Kareem Hunt go once that video came out, and they're already dealing with Tyreek Hill's issues.

15 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Don't really think this means anything, but...

If he had tried on just one, then maybe I'd put more value into it, but right now it seems like he's trying to drum up buzz for a better deal for himself.

56 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You think so?

I think they may be looking into Sweat right now very quietly.

Possible, I suppose. I still have a tough time seeing him fall that far though. And the interest in Ferguson seems very much legit, like it or not.