Around the NFL - Playoffs Baby

Texas_OutLaw7

Anyone watching the playoffs to this point has to realize that coaching matters possibly even more then we realize. Good preparation in Goodgame adjustments go a long long way. On that note JG isn't good at either preparation or game of adjustments. I stand by my Post in the other thread I really do not like JG and I don't think he is deserving of being a head coach if going far is our goal

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Anyone watching the playoffs to this point has to realize that coaching matters possibly even more then we realize. Good preparation in Goodgame adjustments go a long long way. On that note JG isn't good at either preparation or game of adjustments. I stand by my Post in the other thread I really do not like JG and I don't think he is deserving of being a head coach if going far is our goal

I believe @Northland said “If mediocrity is your Super Bowl, then Garrett is your Lombardi”.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I believe @Northland said “If mediocrity is your Super Bowl, then Garrett is your Lombardi”.

I did say that.  He did look rather bewildered last night.  I am resigned to the fact that he is getting an extension.  Ten years, 2 playoff wins.  Coaches have been dismissed for a lot less.  He did take a team that was 3-5 and get them into the playoffs winning a game.   I'll give him credit for that. Is that enough to warrant an extension?  I think if he is as good a judge of talent as some say then maybe his future is in the front office.  Don't know how the former HC in the front office will work out.  I think part of the package with Garrett staying on as HC is having two very strong coordinators and an experienced QB coach.  Or a one year prove it deal.

The Cowboys used to stand for excellence.  An annual Super Bowl contender.  Those days, sadly, are long gone.