League 2019 off season

dll2000

There are already 8 coaching vacancies with more to come.

Minnesota needs an OC. 

Who goes where?

Who do you least want to see in GB and MN?

Bears might be Vegas SB favorites next year or close to from day one.  Thoughts on that? My thought is if they can avoid injuries they can do it.  Will be best Chicago team on paper since '85.  I am hoping they train together all offseason and take this opportunity dead serious. 

Mayock and Gruden own the draft, but not like they thought they were going to with high Bears and Dallas picks that didn't turn out so high. Sit and pick or move around the board?

Fournette, Bell and Hunt all on RB market likely.  Interesting situations all.  

Who will be surprise team of 2019? Which team takes a metoric fall like Jaguars? 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

There are already 8 coaching vacancies with more to come.

Minnesota needs an OC. 

Who goes where?

Who do you least want to see in GB and MN?

Bears might be Vegas SB favorites next year or close to from day one.  Thoughts on that? My thought is if they can avoid injuries they can do it.  Will be best Chicago team on paper since '85.  I am hoping they train together all offseason and take this opportunity dead serious. 

Mayock and Gruden own the draft, but not like they thought they were going to with high Bears and Dallas picks that didn't turn out so high. Sit and pick or move around the board?

Fournette, Bell and Hunt all on RB market likely.  Interesting situations all.  

Who will be surprise team of 2019? Which team takes a metoric fall like Jaguars? 

My suspicion is that the Raiders will get Oliver early, then look to bolster the OL with one of the other 2 firsts.

So Bears mortaged 2019 offseason for 2018 talent additions.

To expound on an earlier comment in another thread. The syncing is the key and why or a reason Pace mortgaged 2019 draft.  Players will get an extra year and an entire offseason of development together.  Very savy move.

Daniels and Smith are studs that are only going to get better.  Daniels coming out this year would be a top 15 pick easy.  Maybe top 10.  He came out at 20.  Watching his fundamentals and leverage is astounding if you know Oline fundamentals. He is so so good. His hips, knees and hands are perfect, in a non gay way. He has been well coached. When he gets man strength look out!  

Smith is literally getting better every game. 

So Bears got Mack a no. 1 overall talent via trade. Smith a top 10 talent and Daniels a top 15 talent all in one year. 

Not to mention a redraft would see Jackson go high in first and Nichols and Cohen go in 2nd.  Those were tremendous values. 

Miller is a solid 2nd round pick and Wims and Toliver looks like more high end sleeper talents. 

Bears added so much talent in last two years.  

Add in free agent class that didn't bust. Disappointing Floyd who is suddenly balling out and improving MT.

Shaheen is scratching surface of his talent and can be a guy if he can stay healthy and get some rhythm. 

This team is absolutley loaded going forward. 

An injury at OT, Mack or QB are only things that can derail 2019 train that will run through the NFL.

Imagine a better defense and a top 5-10 offense. Good luck league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So knock on wood, but nobody has come calling for Vic or Helfrich yet.

Well now they have....I really don't want to be selfish and wish Vic doesn't get a Head Coaching job. He deserves one more than quite a few people that have been granted a position. I'm going to be rooting for him this offseason to land one. 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well now they have....I really don't want to be selfish and wish Vic doesn't get a Head Coaching job. He deserves one more than quite a few people that have been granted a position. I'm going to be rooting for him this offseason to land one. 

What?!?

Who cares? Be selfish. 2019 Bears is a once in a generation team if they stay healthy.

2020 sees hard choices and talent loss. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

What?!?

Who cares? Be selfish. 2019 Bears is a once in a generation team if they stay healthy.

2020 sees hard choices and talent loss. 

If this success continues guys are going to leave. That's just the reality. Fangios earned the chance at a Head Coaching job. I'm actually very curious to see what his team would look like with him making the decisions. 

9 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Who? I havent seen anything about a request yet?

I too wont begrudge Vic getting an HC job bc it's long overdue.  I'd hope that Donatell could step in or Nagy could bring in Bowles.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Who? I havent seen anything about a request yet?

I too wont begrudge Vic getting an HC job bc it's long overdue.  I'd hope that Donatell could step in or Nagy could bring in Bowles.

Seems like more are probably coming. I mean the 49ers passed over him for the job to give it to Tomsula. Vic needs a chance lol. 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Seems like more are probably coming. I mean the 49ers passed over him for the job to give it to Tomsula. Vic needs a chance lol. 

Cant be interviewed until the Bears are eliminated or the week before the Superbowl so hopefully other candidates get the job.  Miami would be really weird bc I figured Gase would be his OC choice.  I'd be very hesitant if I were him about the Broncos job.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Cant be interviewed until the Bears are eliminated or the week before the Superbowl so hopefully other candidates get the job.  Miami would be really weird bc I figured Gase would be his OC choice.  I'd be very hesitant if I were him about the Broncos job.

Be interesting to see his list of OCs. I think the Miami job is probably right for him though. I agree about the Broncos. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

could take mike groh from the eagles. Calling plays is a promotion. 

45 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So knock on wood, but nobody has come calling for Vic or Helfrich yet.

If Helfrich goes I want DeFilippo. Our OC is basically a glorified QB coach anyway, Nagy won't be handing him the playcalling duties so really he just gets to work with Tru as he did with Wentz.

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

could take mike groh from the eagles. Calling plays is a promotion. 

Nagy won't hand playcalling duties over. With Fangio (or Bowles or whoever the vet that would replace him in the unlikely loss of Vic) handling the defense entirely he will keep total control of the offense.

EDIT - nevermind, Supe said it slowly so now I understand. *shrugs*

Edited by Sugashane

I think this is a terrible year to need a new HC...usually you have two or three guys who stand out but this year is full of either re-treds or no names who you don't really see as guys to lead your franchise...

Also a lot of guys who are leaders but have no scheme like Campbell & Munchak...both are great leaders but do you hire a guy who doesn't have a scheme?

With Vic I think the problem is no one wants him to be the face of a franchise...he isn't media savvy or a young guy with an innovative scheme...I just don't him being an HC even though he fully deserves it.