League 2019 off season

dll2000

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Robert Kraft was a piece of garbage before this story broke.

The human trafficking part of it is incredibly sad.

Is it really human trafficking though? It sounds like he was simply paying the masseuses for sex/sexual activites afterwards. Plus it's a misdemeanor. 

Sorry but when I think of human trafficking I think of moving people illegally from this country to another or vice versa.

I suppose he could be doing that, but right now it sounds more like paragraph 1, not 2.

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Is it really human trafficking though? It sounds like he was simply paying the masseuses for sex/sexual activites afterwards. Plus it's a misdemeanor. 

Sorry but when I think of human trafficking I think of moving people illegally from this country to another or vice versa.

I suppose he could be doing that, but right now it sounds more like paragraph 1, not 2.

The asian sex workers were likely trafficked.  Kraft was just a customer.  

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Right, so does he truly go down for that? Legally, does he have a hand in the trafficking because he engaged in sex? Honest question

No he’d just be facing the soliciting prostitution charge.  The trafficking is just the broader issue most people are upset about.

• 1 month later...

Apparently there is some issues with trust in Oak. 

#Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Gave me a slight tingle in the loins when I read that. Lol. I havent wanted one, let alone two, non-divison teams to crash and burn as bad as I do OAK and LAR in forever. Probably since the Pats threatened to have a 19-0 record. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

#Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Gave me a slight tingle in the loins when I read that. Lol. I havent wanted one, let alone two, non-divison teams to crash and burn as bad as I do OAK and LAR in forever. Probably since the Pats threatened to have a 19-0 record. 

This is a much smaller story that it is being made out to be. Mayock is a first year GM that was hired this offseason. He didn't have the time to completely overhaul the draft process and hire new scouts, so he kept on the guys that went out and did their scouting. These guys will get a "thanks for your help, but we're moving on" firing right after the draft. Happens all the time (ex Doug Whaley being fired as GM in BUF after the draft).

It's likely that OAK has all the information they need/want as far as their scouting goes, and now with less than a week before the draft, Mayock/Johnny/top level guys that will stay on will spend the rest of the week before thursday adjusting their board accordingly, and try not be swayed by the opinions and thoughts of guys that aren't going to be with the org by the end of the month.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

This is a much smaller story that it is being made out to be. Mayock is a first year GM that was hired this offseason. He didn't have the time to completely overhaul the draft process and hire new scouts, so he kept on the guys that went out and did their scouting. These guys will get a "thanks for your help, but we're moving on" firing right after the draft. Happens all the time (ex Doug Whaley being fired as GM in BUF after the draft).

It's likely that OAK has all the information they need/want as far as their scouting goes, and now with less than a week before the draft, Mayock/Johnny/top level guys that will stay on will spend the rest of the week before thursday adjusting their board accordingly, and try not be swayed by the opinions and thoughts of guys that aren't going to be with the org by the end of the month.

Exactly. They don't know who they can trust so they don't want to risk it. Smart move by OAK if you ask me.

20 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I figured it wouldn't take long for Chucky to assume his "dictator" role again.

I've always though Mayock was one of the better "draftniks" but he's still a draftnik.

WTF is going on in Oakland especially when they have a treasure trove of high picks to nail down?

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

KC's defense is still a mess but Clark fits their new 4-3 much better than Ford did. That's still a lot to give up for Clark who's good not great

plus he's gonna get a big contract too, i'm thinking a little larger than the one trey flowers got in DET

Clark for a 1st, 2nd, exchange 3rd

or

Mack and a 2nd for a 1st, 1st, 3rd