League 2019 off season

dll2000

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

plus he's gonna get a big contract too, i'm thinking a little larger than the one trey flowers got in DET

Clark for a 1st, 2nd, exchange 3rd

or

Mack and a 2nd for a 1st, 1st, 3rd

When is Chris Jones due to get paid?   He is their best defensive player.  I wanted Bears to draft him so bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

plus he's gonna get a big contract too, i'm thinking a little larger than the one trey flowers got in DET

Clark for a 1st, 2nd, exchange 3rd

or

Mack and a 2nd for a 1st, 1st, 3rd

The 2nd that Seattle gets will be whichever is worse of the two the Chiefs have (one is from SF).  That could make a big difference.  One could be very high and one could be very low.

You can look at it from KC perspective as you gave away a 2nd you gained from another trade so you are really just losing a 1st for Clark and you make that move all day.  Clark is a guaranteed good player and no first round pick is guaranteed good.   But I think that is wrong way to look at this.  

Yes, you had an extra 2nd, but it was still yours and you can get good players in 2nd.  You recently got Chris Jones in 2nd who is better than Clark.  Plus, you have to pay Clark top dollar and he really isn't a top dollar player.  He is very good, but not top dollar.  

I guess it makes sense from a win now with our rookie QB playing great and on a rookie salary point of view.   Clark helps you win now.  Almost no rookie first rounder will/would make same difference for KC in 2019 as Clark will.  They didn't have a good enough defense to compete for a title this year.  Now maybe they do.  Makes sense for Seattle too as they don't have a rookie QB salary and they need young cheap talent.

A reasonable deal for both parties given situation, but everyone will blast KC as they gave up more than the player was worth. 

• Like 1

BTW thanks for finding this thread.  I kept posting things in NFCN thread because I couldn't find it. 

Anyway Chris Harris complaining in Denver and making demands.   Good to see problems developing for an early opponent.

Fangio may regret taking that job.  Right away they were talking co head coaches. LOL.  He was like, "say what?"

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

BTW thanks for finding this thread.  I kept posting things in NFCN thread because I couldn't find it. 

Anyway Chris Harris complaining in Denver and making demands.   Good to see problems developing for an early opponent.

Fangio may regret taking that job.  Right away they were talking co head coaches. LOL.  He was like, "say what?"

I really like Fangio and understood this was likely his best/last chance to be a HC, but worried (week 2 excepted) that there were a lot of known pitfalls in that job

• Like 1

Colts are quietly getting really good.  I think they could be contender for it all this year.

Watching Ohio St. to make fun of Gary and it's pretty clear Paris Campbell is a stud.  Rock Ya Sin was thought by many to be best CB in class.  

Their draft last year was one of best.  Luck is rounding into shape and this years draft class looks pretty darn good.

They added Houston on defense and Ware in backfield.  

Luck being hurt for a long time has restocked their talent with an in place franchise QB.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 7:33 AM, RunningVaccs said:

I really like Fangio and understood this was likely his best/last chance to be a HC, but worried (week 2 excepted) that there were a lot of known pitfalls in that job

This was my worry with Fangio taking the job.  I didnt think Denver was a good job at all.  But I cant fault Vic for taking it when he hasnt even gotten a legit opportunity after deserving it for the last 10 years.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Colts are quietly getting really good.  I think they could be contender for it all this year.

Watching Ohio St. to make fun of Gary and it's pretty clear Paris Campbell is a stud.  Rock Ya Sin was thought by many to be best CB in class.  

Their draft last year was one of best.  Luck is rounding into shape and this years draft class looks pretty darn good.

They added Houston on defense and Ware in backfield.  

Luck being hurt for a long time has restocked their talent with an in place franchise QB.

My preseason prediction has been Colts v Bears in the Owl.  They have already paid Luck and now have a ton of cap space and draft capital, and Chris Ballard has done an amazing job building that team.  

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, dll2000 said:

When is Chris Jones due to get paid?   He is their best defensive player.  I wanted Bears to draft him so bad.

I remember you being big on him. Pretty sure you were the one who converted me to liking him, since I had issues with how he would sometimes get really lazy on certain place.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I remember you being big on him. Pretty sure you were the one who converted me to liking him, since I had issues with how he would sometimes get really lazy on certain place.

If I'm going to be wrong I'm going to be wrong about a guy who is 6'6 330 and can move. 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, HuskieBear said:

Frank Clark from SEA to KC for a 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, and exchange of 3rds this year. per schefty

Hefty price to pay but like Mack he's a superior edge guy in his prime.  The picks are a little different but it's roughly equivalent to what we paid for Mack.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:50 AM, dll2000 said:

Elway's touch as a personnel guy/GM is taking a real hit.  He can't find a QB they can win big with and the natives are restless.  He's going through QBs like we've gone through PKs.  Even his old backup and ace in the hole Gary Kubiak left to coach at Minny.

But Fangio will still inherit a good defense he can make better.

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

My preseason prediction has been Colts v Bears in the Owl.  They have already paid Luck and now have a ton of cap space and draft capital, and Chris Ballard has done an amazing job building that team.  

Ballard was another guy the Bears were interested in as a GM.

Would be kinda cool to see a rematch on the 2006 SB with teams built by two of the NFL's best young GMs.

Report: Chicago Bears bring in CB Kayvon Webster for workout

ByMatt Eurich 5 hours ago

The Chicago Bears could be looking to add another cornerback to the mix. According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, the Bears are hosting veteran cornerback Kayvon Webster on a visit Wednesday. The Bears previously added a pair of cornerbacks to the roster during this year's draft in Kansas State's Duke Shelley in the sixth round and Valdosta State's Stephen Denmark in the seventh round.

Webster entered the NFL as a third-round pick of the Denver Broncos in the 2013 NFL Draft. He played collegiately at South Florida. Webster saw action in 14 games as a rookie and made two starts for the Broncos. He ended that season with 41 tackles, nine pass deflections, one interception and one forced fumble. He backed that up with 12 appearances in his second season. Webster ended that campaign with 23 tackles and two pass deflections. He then saw his numbers dip again a year later in 2015. He saw action in 15 games but recorded just 11 tackles and two pass deflections.

In his final season with the Broncos in 2016, Webster played in 13 games and ended the season with eight tackles and one pass deflection. He suffered a concussion late in the year and was placed on injured reserve to close out the seas.

Webster signed a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Rams in March 2017 and made 11 starts in his first season with the team. He recorded 38 tackles, seven pass deflections and one interception before going down with a ruptured Achilles. He finished off that season on injured reserve. The Rams then released him in April 2018 after he failed a physical.

The veteran cornerback latched on with the Houston Texans just before the start of the 2018 season. He suffered another injury with the Texans after playing limited snaps in his first action with the team last October. The Texans were forced to place him on injured reserve but he was able to return before the end of the year. He went on to appear in the team's Week 16 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles. He then suffered another injury in that game and was forced to go back on injured reserve.

If the Bears end up signing Webster he will join a cornerback room that is top-loaded with talent but has little proven depth.

The cornerback room for the Bears is headlined by All-Pro Kyle Fuller. Following a strong campaign in 2017, Fuller put together a career year for Chicago last season. He is a former first-round pick of the organization. Veteran Prince Amukamara is slated to be the starter opposite of Fuller again this year. The veteran had one of the strongest years of his career in 2018. The Bears also brought in Buster Skrine to play the nickelback position earlier this offseason.

Along with the additions of Shelley and Denmark in this year's draft, the rest of the depth at the position includes Michael Joseph, Sherrick McManis, John Franklin III, Jonathon Mincy and Kevin Toliver.