League 2019 off season

dll2000

15 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I know Jordan Howard had a really good finish to the season, but I think Nagy wants another RB. I think is is probably our biggest priority in the off-season. Our inability to run the ball has killed us all year.

Unfortunately I see Howard playing out his rookie contract. It's up to Nagy to get creative and learn how to use him properly -- starting with toning back on the shotgun formation. Run more PA from under center -- this not only fits Howard but Mitch as well as it better utilizes his ability throw on the run. 

58 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I know Jordan Howard had a really good finish to the season, but I think Nagy wants another RB. I think is is probably our biggest priority in the off-season. Our inability to run the ball has killed us all year.

Nagy should get Kareem the Dream.  He's a better fit for what he wants in a RB.  Trade Howard for a 3rd and then trade up into the 2nd this year, since we will have two 2nd round picks in 2020. 

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

We save a ton of money waiting till june 1.... So yeah... He's here till then.

I think because of the cap ramifications Parkey will ultimately be brought back to TC but the Bears are going to bring in some serious completion for him, and ultimately it's likely they cut Parkey in the end.

On another note, Pat O'Donnell is also a free agent.  This guy is far too inconsistent for my liking.  Personally I think they need to completely overhaul both kicking positions if this team is going to get any better. 

Special teams needs to be on point.  As seen yesterday, that shank from O'Donnell really screwed the defense by giving Philly a short field to work with on their last TD drive. Can't make it that easy for the opponent.

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Nagy should get Kareem the Dream.  He's a better fit for what he wants in a RB.  Trade Howard for a 3rd and then trade up into the 2nd this year, since we will have two 2nd round picks in 2020. 

I still say Pace should have put a waiver in for him. The contract is so cheap.  

Whatever PR crap would have been done by now and drowned out just by the ending of the game yesterday. Still would have had to deal with whatever suspension he will have in the beginning of the next season but he could be gold for you come the second half and post season. 

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think because of the cap ramifications Parkey will ultimately be brought back to TC but the Bears are going to bring in some serious completion for him, and ultimately it's likely they cut Parkey in the end.

On another note, Pat O'Donnell is also a free agent.  This guy is far too inconsistent for my liking.  Personally I think they need to completely overhaul both kicking positions if this team is going to get any better. 

Special teams needs to be on point.  As seen yesterday, that shank from O'Donnell really screwed the defense by giving Philly a short field to work with on their last TD drive. Can't make it that easy for the opponent.

I can't stand O'Donnell. His first punt yesterday was GREAT and he had a few good ones vs NYG (IIRC) but besides that, his punting is far too up and down, moreso down, imo.

There is much to be excited about in 2019. 

MT and Robinson will be a thing next year as they learn the offense and Robinson is two years out from injury. Hopefully we have a season of a healthy Shaheen. 

Off season is huge for MT and receivers. They need to take next step and become dynamic players they can be.

Miller will have a healthy shoulder. Wims enters the fray in 2019 I think and becomes part of WR rotation. His size and blocking ability helps the run game, especially in 2 TE sets. 

Floyd and Smith are good from day 1 not just in 2nd half.  Smith will be best blitzer in league next year.  His closing speed is something else. I almost welcome a new DC.  I want more aggression.  Nichols is better and becomes a force. 

I think they study run game and make that better. 

I think Tolliver could challenge Prince for a starting spot in a fair competition if he takes a step forward.  I think he is that talented. I think if its Fangio, it stays with Prince, but a new DC could have fresh eyes. Either way we have CB depth which is nice.  Most teams don't.

Daniels I think makes a name for himself at guard next year. 

Only bad thing is new top talent isnt likely coming in door via draft or FA unless we take on a troubled soul or Pace finds another diamond in rough. 

Position I worry most about is OT.  Leno ever goes down domino effect will cripple whole offense.