Falcons fire Steve Sarkisian OC, Marquand Manual DC, and SC Keith Armstrong

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The worst part of this is, EVERYBODY in the league now knows this is a dead man walking situation.  You arent getting a great OC or DC to join that staff bc it's likely only a 1 year job.  Not that you cant make something happen, Bears did this and made it to the NFCCG the next year, and Lovie stayed his execution for 3 years, but good luck with Todd Haley and whatever DC you can get.

Surely someone will back themselves on the offensive side with all that talent and may just see it as a one year gig or if they do well enough a one year gig with a chance to interview for the HC gig if Dan Quinn screws up next year?

Matty Ice. Julio. Ridley. Freeman. Sanu. Sort out the line and that's a 30+ PPG Offence waiting to happen all over again.

Julio put up 113 - 1677 - 8 and no one is talking about it lol.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

i mean i could understand firing sark cause he's awful but why scapegoat every one else too?

Armstrong at ST's needed to be cut long before Sark or Manuel did.  Quinn should stay and im thrilled he is taking over DC duties as it's the exact thing i asked for.  When he has called our defense half way through 2016 into the SB and in 2017 we have been a top 10 defense.   It's when he gives it up to others that we begin to look like trash again on that side of the ball.  I wouldn't have been against manuel staying on the team but having the Defensive calls taken away from him and have him just as a assistant DC.  I imagine he wouldn't have wanted that and was let go as well.   Sark needed to go and Armstrong is worse than both of them he is god awful and we have begged for that firing for like 5+ years now as fans we can't stand him lol.

The 2 guys i want are Kubiak or Gase for OC .  The guy linked to us is bevell and to me that would be the worst move possible and i would have rather had kept sark of those 2.   Kubiak from whats being reported has been contacted as well and kubiak is quite interested in the spot.    What would be smart is if Arthur Blank promised him an assistant HC position and let him know if he's interested and Quinn doesn't do well he would promote him to HC.  Not sure if Kubiak wants to HC anymore or not but that would be a nice offer if he does.

He's not going to get an offense that is already pretty much set with more talent than the majority of the teams in the league that already runs his exact system anywhere else.

3 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean it's just laughable after a house cleaning to this scale that the HC gets to stay and assume the DC role too.

Said HC is only a couple years removed from taking that team to a Super Bowl - and not with those coordinators he just fired save for Armstrong  Just saying....

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Said HC is only a couple years removed from taking that team to a Super Bowl - and not with those coordinators he just fired save for Armstrong  Just saying....

Plus you add in the fact that said HC was actually the DC calling the plays when we went to the superbowl and we improved tremendously while he did on that side of the ball says alot too.  If anything i think this was the best move because you can tell the players play hard for him and respect him alot.  Even in a very bad year with injuries like the eagles had as well we were only 1 or 2 plays in a game or 2 from making it to the playoffs.  We weren't great but as many star/starter players we were missing we weren't awful either.  He kept this team together and finished strong thats  apositive that they are still fighting/playing hard for him even when nothing is on the line.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Armstrong at ST's needed to be cut long before Sark or Manuel did.  Quinn should stay and im thrilled he is taking over DC duties as it's the exact thing i asked for.  When he has called our defense half way through 2016 into the SB and in 2017 we have been a top 10 defense.   It's when he gives it up to others that we begin to look like trash again on that side of the ball.  I wouldn't have been against manuel staying on the team but having the Defensive calls taken away from him and have him just as a assistant DC.  I imagine he wouldn't have wanted that and was let go as well.   Sark needed to go and Armstrong is worse than both of them he is god awful and we have begged for that firing for like 5+ years now as fans we can't stand him lol.

The 2 guys i want are Kubiak or Gase for OC .  The guy linked to us is bevell and to me that would be the worst move possible and i would have rather had kept sark of those 2.   Kubiak from whats being reported has been contacted as well and kubiak is quite interested in the spot.    What would be smart is if Arthur Blank promised him an assistant HC position and let him know if he's interested and Quinn doesn't do well he would promote him to HC.  Not sure if Kubiak wants to HC anymore or not but that would be a nice offer if he does.

He's not going to get an offense that is already pretty much set with more talent than the majority of the teams in the league that already runs his exact system anywhere else.

Kubiak or Gase and we are looking the goods for 2019. 

24 minutes ago, freeman+coleman said:

Kubiak or Gase and we are looking the goods for 2019. 

Dang right we are and honestly if we can't get either of those im not fully against bringing Koetter back he done well here without as much talent as we have here now honestly.  But he is a distant 3rd to those 2 guys listed i want either one of them if we can get them before anyone else.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Woah, I don't think I've ever seen a team fire all coordinators but keep their HC before. Maybe the Bengals did this once?

Not that I can remember.  But we've had both OC and DC leave for head coaching jobs elsewhere.  Most recently when Gruden and Zimmer left the same off season for Washington and Minnesota.

This is the strangest situation I can remember in a while.  The head coach dumps all of his coordinators.  What person would want to come there as the new one after seeing this?

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Not that I can remember.  But we've had both OC and DC leave for head coaching jobs elsewhere.  Most recently when Gruden and Zimmer left the same off season for Washington and Minnesota.

This is the strangest situation I can remember in a while.  The head coach dumps all of his coordinators.  What person would want to come there as the new one after seeing this?

Hm... I could've sworn I remember a time when a team was rejoicing because their team got two new coordinators. Perhaps i'm thinking about the same team actually. Didn't the Falcons fire their two coordinators after the 2012 season?

EDIT: Apparently one of them simply moved on to college football, wasn't actually fired. I don't remember, then.

Archived