#1 pick - who do the Cardinals draft?

jetjuice

41 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams or move down. Have to believe there will be interest in Haskins and the cost to move up will be less this year

This. They need a lot of offensive help, but I don't view any of the offensive talent (including line) as worth the first overall pick. I'd prefer that they go offense for that team though. 

I actually have a hard time seeing a trade down right now because I don't know if anyone is jumping that high for Haskins (if he declares), but that will largely depend on free agency. The Jets are already dealing with a short deck in this draft as I believe that they lack their second rounder from the Darnold trade, and I think for the Raiders to jump to one, they have to give up one of hte other first round picks, and that may be a little too much for them to bear given the depth of the defensive line class. So I really don't know if they are going to be able to move down without giving a discount to some extent. I certainly don't think that they are getting a haul for that pick. 

FWIW, I think the pick will end up being Williams, and not Bosa right now. 

In terms of team needs Quinnen Williams might be the guy even though Bosa is arguably the more proven and consistent prospect over a long period of time.  Really though it is a great sign for the NFL, that the worst team record wise has this much talent on the roster.  That says a lot about the parity of the NFL currently.  

Question for the group - the Cardinals had 49 sacks this past season, tied for 3rd with New Orleans. They were 4th in passing yards allowed.

Why is another pass rusher a need for them? Seems like getting to the QB isn't the issue. 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Question for the group - the Cardinals had 49 sacks this past season, tied for 3rd with New Orleans. They were 4th in passing yards allowed.

Why is another pass rusher a need for them? Seems like getting to the QB isn't the issue. 

Not sure it's that huge of a need even. Just would be taking the obvious elite player right there in front of them and not looking back. Not to mention loading up on pass rushers is never a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure it's that huge of a need even. Just would be taking the obvious elite player right there in front of them and not looking back. Not to mention loading up on pass rushers is never a bad thing.

But this is a team that rushed for a collective 1,300 yards (at a 3.8 YPC clip). They threw for 2,500 yards for the season. The problem is blatantly obvious. This is a team with a very young QB, no real WRs, and a RB who should be producing on the Gurley/Zeke/Saquan level - but isn't, because there's zero blocking.

Jonah Williams isn't the sexiest name around, but he's a top 5 pick at LT and pretty far ahead of the rest of this T class. You've got to think the Jets will get him at 3 if he's there, so trading down and expecting him to still be there is risky as well.

Don't overthink this, IMO. Rebuild the OL.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But this is a team that rushed for a collective 1,300 yards (at a 3.8 YPC clip). They threw for 2,500 yards for the season. The problem is blatantly obvious. This is a team with a very young QB, no real WRs, and a RB who should be producing on the Gurley/Zeke/Saquan level - but isn't, because there's zero blocking.

Jonah Williams isn't the sexiest name around, but he's a top 5 pick at LT and pretty far ahead of the rest of this T class. You've got to think the Jets will get him at 3 if he's there, so trading down and expecting him to still be there is risky as well.

Don't overthink this, IMO. Rebuild the OL.

Seems like Taylor and Little arent far off from him tbh. He also hasn't played the best when up against stiff competition this year.

Idk, at first overall I think you jump on the obvious elite players in Bosa/Williams over Williams. I like Williams but I'm not sure he's as sure of a thing or at the level of the two DL.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Seems like Taylor and Little arent far off from him tbh.

I'd say the gap is significant enough to not wait to see which one shakes out of the top 20. Little is a physical specimen but never put it together every single week, Taylor is very similar in that regard - Williams doesn't have the size, but his technique and experience make him the top of the class, IMO. 

I guess my point would be to take the one who is the best based on your evaluation - but at the end of the day, the pick should be OL, irrespective of how good Bosa or Quinnen Williams are. 

Archived