#1 pick - who do the Cardinals draft?

jetjuice

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it goes Murray / Bosa / Haskins. The niners would need a total haul to move down with Bosa on the board. Unless that trade involved obj, don't see it.  The Jets lack a second round pick, the Giants may want to leapfrog the raiders just to be safe. Seems a better bet that way to me

Agreed.  If Murray does indeed end up going first, it's going to be really, really hard for San Francisco to pass up on Bosa.  He's BPA and fits a position of need for San Francisco.  No real reason to pass up on him.  Unless a team is willing to make a Godfather offer (i.e. an Eli Manning-like package), there's no incentive for San Francisco to pass.  The question, who makes that move up the board?  Money would say the NY Giants, but Miami and Washington are possibilities as well.

I don’t think there are going to be any teams looking to sell it all to move up to the first pick. But, there’s a very good chance the Cardinals can prize a 1st out of a QB needy team (Giants, Jaguars, Broncos, Dolphins, Redskins) for Josh Rosen and I suspect the latter two would be more logical seeing as that’s a cheaper option than moving up to take Haskins, or even Drew Lock.

If that’s the case, it’s a matter of weighing up what is better:-

•       Murray (who may well be a better fit for Kingsbury’s offense)
  •       Pick 13 From Dolphins (for example)
  •       1st pick of the 2nd round

Or:

• Rosen
  • Quinnen Williams/ Nick Bosa
  • 1st Pick of the 2nd Round

On 2019-03-01 at 8:24 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

think we could trade back and still get murray? like 5-8 range maybe?

I'm kinda down to move down to 3-4 and take oliver or murray 

If your FO is set on Murray you won’t risk trading back. He’d be the pick at 1.

1 hour ago, PizzaPusher said:

I’m sick to my stomach as a Cardinals fan right now. I don’t even know what to say. 

I feel like "expecting the a team to do in the draft which they say they will do in early March" is in direct contravention of both sense and tradition.  I mean, sure media people have team sources, but teams absolutely engage in disinformation this time of year.  It's just more effective if a trusted media person cites an unnamed source with a team than if someone for the team just stands on a podium and does it.

Cards are just trying to maximize the value of their two assets.  If they get a good offer for the pick, they'll keep Rosen,; if they get a good offer for Rosen they will keep the pick.  If neither happens, well they still have like a month and a half to figure that out.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like "expecting the a team to do in the draft which they say they will do in early March" is in direct contravention of both sense and tradition.  I mean, sure media people have team sources, but teams absolutely engage in disinformation this time of year.  It's just more effective if a trusted media person cites an unnamed source with a team than if someone for the team just stands on a podium and does it.

Cards are just trying to maximize the value of their two assets.  If they get a good offer for the pick, they'll keep Rosen,; if they get a good offer for Rosen they will keep the pick.  If neither happens, well they still have like a month and a half to figure that out.

I hope your right. I’ll be disappointed if they trade Rosen and draft Murray. 

3 hours ago, PizzaPusher said:

I’m sick to my stomach as a Cardinals fan right now. I don’t even know what to say. 

Agree, nightmare scenario.

Great draft on the defensive side and indicators are of going with Flutie with the first pick.

Keim time looks to be flaming out spectacularly.

12 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I don’t think there are going to be any teams looking to sell it all to move up to the first pick. But, there’s a very good chance the Cardinals can prize a 1st out of a QB needy team (Giants, Jaguars, Broncos, Dolphins, Redskins) for Josh Rosen and I suspect the latter two would be more logical seeing as that’s a cheaper option than moving up to take Haskins, or even Drew Lock.

If that’s the case, it’s a matter of weighing up what is better:-

•       Murray (who may well be a better fit for Kingsbury’s offense)
  •       Pick 13 From Dolphins (for example)
  •       1st pick of the 2nd round

Or:

• Rosen
  • Quinnen Williams/ Nick Bosa
  • 1st Pick of the 2nd Round

They aren’t getting a first for Rosen. 

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

They will easily get a first. 

Nobody is giving up a first for him. You’ve already lost a year off of his rookie contract, the film he put out is horrible regardless of his supporting cast and the team that drafted him and knows him better than anyone is replacing him one year after trading up for him. 

This also goes with the report this morning from Peter King who spoke with a GM who said the Cardinals should expect to see a third rounder in compensation. He’s not highly viewed around the league. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nobody is giving up a first for him. You’ve already lost a year off of his rookie contract, the film he put out is horrible regardless of his supporting cast and the team that drafted him and knows him better than anyone is replacing him one year after trading up for him. 

This also goes with the report this morning from Peter King who spoke with a GM who said the Cardinals should expect to see a third rounder in compensation. He’s not highly viewed around the league. 

Have you seen what QB's have gone for on the open market? QB's that aren't 2nd year top 10 picks? I don't even like Rosen, but you're high if you don't think they could get a 1st for him. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Four years of cheap QB play is unbelievably good value, especially as most of that rookie deal got paid out in year 1. The Bengals are paying Dalton 33 mil over the next two seasons, Rosen will be less than half of that over four. Teams are gonna be in for a consensus top ten talent only last year regardless what he put out. If they don't, they are dumb as hell. 

Archived