#1 pick - who do the Cardinals draft?

jetjuice

I mean, if I'm a team with an OL who needs a QB, I'm absolutely offering a 1st for "Rosen and some change".  I'm just going to see if i can get that change to be a valuable pick.

Like if I'm Washington I would offer #15 and #46, and  for #33, #103, and Rosen to see if they bite.

If I'm the Raiders and they remove John Gruden after he jettisons Derek Carr, for reasons no one understands, I'd go after Rosen too... since he has he same problem as Carr.

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

As a huge fan of Murray, I'd be pretty excited about the rumours.

The same people who were excited over JFF are excited over Murray. And while the off field issues aren't there, the on field production will be similar. 

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, if I'm a team with an OL who needs a QB, I'm absolutely offering a 1st for "Rosen and some change".  I'm just going to see if i can get that change to be a valuable pick.

Like if I'm Washington I would offer #15 and #46, and  for #33, #103, and Rosen to see if they bite.

If I'm the Raiders and they remove John Gruden after he jettisons Derek Carr, for reasons no one understands, I'd go after Rosen too... since he has he same problem as Carr.

Uhhh if Cards select Murray #1, Redskins will get Rosen for #46. Nobody ia giving a 1st for Rosen. 

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The same people who were excited over JFF are excited over Murray. And while the off field issues aren't there, the on field production will be similar

I really think you're wrong.

Murray's game translates to the NFL. He has a far better arm talent and can actually operate from the pocket.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

But I guess somehow him being short means he's the next Troy Smith.

Let's be honest, without Bakers success last year, Murray wouldn't be coming out to the NFL. He knows some sucker team is going to give him the money, he'll give the NFL a try, flop, then head on over to baseball already financially set.

Can't hate on him for making the business decision to maximize his bank account. 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:09 AM, PizzaPusher said:

I’m sick to my stomach as a Cardinals fan right now. I don’t even know what to say. 

First off..Murray is a legit talent. He's arguably a better prospect than Rosen because it's not just arm talent and poise, it's the special scrambling ability. But if you're the Cards, imo, you either go all in with this HC and direction...or you don't go in at all. There's frankly no better QB out there right now for Kingsbury's scheme than Murray. It's the best opportunity for both men to have success, and after talent, the HC/QB relationship is probably the top indicator for team success. They already have a close relationship. And Murray's familiar with the #1 WR and the starting TE having played with them in college.

You don't go half *** and then say..oh Rosen just wasn't a great fit for the scheme...or he wasn't the HC's guy. Kingsbury either feels he can win a championship with Rosen and he's just as good/or better as Murray, or you trade him.

41 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Let's be honest, without Bakers success last year, Murray wouldn't be coming out to the NFL. He knows some sucker team is going to give him the money, he'll give the NFL a try, flop, then head on over to baseball already financially set.

Can't hate on him for making the business decision to maximize his bank account. 

What makes you so sure he won't succeed at the NFL level?

18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

They will easily get a first. 

Rosen is two years younger than Mayfield and his bonus is paid off.  He would easily get a late-1st maybe higher.  Keim loves him and doesn’t need to do jack if they don’t get the value they’re looking for. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Rosen is two years younger than Mayfield and his bonus is paid off.  He would easily get a late-1st maybe higher.  Keim loves him and doesn’t need to do jack if they don’t get the value they’re looking for. 

Exactly. Its absurd to think that at least one team wouldn't take the gamble. Redskins, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, Bucs, Titans, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, Saints, Bengals are all teams that have a need now/coming up for a QB but not the draft position to get one.

42 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What makes you so sure he won't succeed at the NFL level?

One year wonder. His game dominates college football, but just like JFF, when you start playing against professionals, those plays that went for touchdowns before suddenly wind up with you getting drilled. I'm not as concerned necessarily about his height, but I do believe that his athleticism won't be as game changing as this past season in college was. In addition, he doesn't strike me as a "leader of men" persona that is sort of expected from a franchise quarterback position. I understand that interviews are no indication of game play ability, but he legitimately looks like a kid who is unable to handle questions. If he goes into a locker room, is he going to win over his teammates? What happens when he faces adversity, when losing streaks happen and he's playing poorly? I remember how Vince Young couldn't handle it, and I see similar traits with Murray.

End of the day, he's an exciting college player that is a real game changer. But in a league that contains the best players across the board, he's going to literally be a boy among men. He's extremely fortunate he made the decision to transfer to Oklahoma, and has had the stars align for him.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

First off..Murray is a legit talent. He's arguably a better prospect than Rosen because it's not just arm talent and poise, it's the special scrambling ability. But if you're the Cards, imo, you either go all in with this HC and direction...or you don't go in at all. There's frankly no better QB out there right now for Kingsbury's scheme than Murray. It's the best opportunity for both men to have success, and after talent, the HC/QB relationship is probably the top indicator for team success. They already have a close relationship. And Murray's familiar with the #1 WR and the starting TE having played with them in college.

You don't go half *** and then say..oh Rosen just wasn't a great fit for the scheme...or he wasn't the HC's guy. Kingsbury either feels he can win a championship with Rosen and he's just as good/or better as Murray, or you trade him.

I like Murray and think he’ll be fine if he’s drafted by the right organization with a competent front office. That’s not the Arizona Cardinals under Steve Keim. 

Archived