#1 pick - who do the Cardinals draft?

jetjuice

2 hours ago, bomont said:

Hardly.  They're close

I think it largely depends on what you are using them for. I love Allen, but as a 49er fan running a 4-3 under, I do feel a lot more comfortable with Bosa's transition as a straight DE than I do Allen's. I think Allen would largely split time between the end spot and an off ball SAM linebacker, whereas Bosa would simply play the edge all the time. That being said, I will love Allen on the 49ers at #2 if it plays out that way and the Cards take Bosa, but Bosa would make me feel more comfortable. 

Sounds like the worst case scenario will come true for my Jets.  We need a stud edge rusher and there are 2 in Bosa and Allen and we have the 3rd pick.

I'll be pissed if Bosa and Allen are both gone which looks like what is going to happen.  Come on ARI take Quinnen.

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Hardly.  They're close.

But it's to the #1 overall.  Recall what the Bears paid to jump from what, #3 to #2?  Wasn't cheap.

Haskins isn't even the consensus best QB, and nobody (that I've seen anyway) considers him #1 worthy.

Haskins is double the prospect Trubisky was. I’m willing to bet he goes top 3

and no it wasn’t cheap but it was also for a QB 

for a positional player the cost would probably be half as much

I live out here and if you ask 9ers fans the majority will want to make that move. Bosa is a special player and they’ve had everything on their besides a consistent outside pass rush 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I live out here and if you ask 9ers fans the majority will want to make that move. Bosa is a special player and they’ve had everything on their besides a consistent outside pass rush 

I did posit the trade up question in the forum a couple of days ago and if people would like a trade up to #1 for Bosa for this years 3 & 4, next year's 2. I thought I would get mostly a yes from people, but surprisingly, only one other person (besides myself), said yes. Granted, it was a small sample size (I think only 4 or 5 people answered), but I was a little surprised. If I can move up to 1 and take Bosa at that cost, I'm doing it for sure. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I did posit the trade up question in the forum a couple of days ago and if people would like a trade up to #1 for Bosa for this years 3 & 4, next year's 2. I thought I would get mostly a yes from people, but surprisingly, only one other person (besides myself), said yes. Granted, it was a small sample size (I think only 4 or 5 people answered), but I was a little surprised. If I can move up to 1 and take Bosa at that cost, I'm doing it for sure. 

I would do it, with some remorse for those lost picks, but the need at EDGE is so big it could be a black hole that swallows up any chance the 9ers have of making it to the playoffs if we don't fix it. 

Hyperbole? Maybe, but not by much.

:P

On 1/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, ET80 said:

But this is a team that rushed for a collective 1,300 yards (at a 3.8 YPC clip). They threw for 2,500 yards for the season. The problem is blatantly obvious. This is a team with a very young QB, no real WRs, and a RB who should be producing on the Gurley/Zeke/Saquan level - but isn't, because there's zero blocking.

Jonah Williams isn't the sexiest name around, but he's a top 5 pick at LT and pretty far ahead of the rest of this T class. You've got to think the Jets will get him at 3 if he's there, so trading down and expecting him to still be there is risky as well.

Don't overthink this, IMO. Rebuild the OL.

Just came here to post this and it makes even more sense now that Kingsbury has been hired as their HC. Honestly, when draft day bets come around a Williams or Little line will probably be about +3600 and I'll be placing my money there. It's the obvious thing to do.

Any average RT in FA would be a massive upgrade and they could double up on a guard given their cap space.  See Keim’s draft history with OL.  It’s also unlikely all 5 projected OL end up on IR again (I think a few could’ve  played but we stealth tanked down the stretch). 

You have to take an elite pass rusher either 1 or 4.  Josh Allen is intriguing at 4 because they could bring back Golden on a 1-year deal to ease the transition yet pick up more picks.  

41 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Any average RT in FA would be a massive upgrade and they could double up on a guard given their cap space.  See Keim’s draft history with OL.  It’s also unlikely all 5 projected OL end up on IR again (I think a few could’ve  played but we stealth tanked down the stretch). 

You have to take an elite pass rusher either 1 or 4.  Josh Allen is intriguing at 4 because they could bring back Golden on a 1-year deal to ease the transition yet pick up more picks.  

You say that as though it's easy. You'd have a lot of competition for an average RT in the free agent market, and truthfully, I don't know any reason why they would choose the Cards at this point unless they seriously blow out the competition money wise - which given the cap situation of multiple teams, isn't exactly going to be easy. The Cards are set up very nicely in cap space, but so are several other teams. The Texans have a dire need at tackle and could offer everything the Cards can...plus a better team. The Raiders need help at tackle as well. The Bills need offensive line in the worst way. The Bengals have money to burn. 

It's not going to be easy to even grab an average RT in free agency, so I don't think that you can take that as any sort of given. Thankfully for the Cards, free agency happens before the draft, so they will at least know what they have and have not been able to fix. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, brownie man said:

Haskins is double the prospect Trubisky was. I’m willing to bet he goes top 3

You'd lose that bet :)

and no it wasn’t cheap but it was also for a QB 

for a positional player the cost would probably be half as much

Irrelevant and no it wouldn't.  You pay to move up X amount to get X draft slot. 

Fortunately they don't run the team ;)  (I'd say the same or me btw.  Most if not all of we fans would suck as a GM, even though we feel convinced otherwise.

9 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Gotta wonder if the Cards have their eye on a certain player like Quinnen or Jonah Williams and they decide to trade with the Jets instead to keep Bosa out of the division.

Exactly what they should do. In fact trade back multiple times (from #3 too) if possible and Run like a thief in the night. Way to many holes need to be filled.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:20 AM, Nick_gb said:

Just came here to post this and it makes even more sense now that Kingsbury has been hired as their HC. Honestly, when draft day bets come around a Williams or Little line will probably be about +3600 and I'll be placing my money there. It's the obvious thing to do.

Cant imagine the odds of him going #1 are THAT bad since the obvious #1 pick is usually a QB but they just drafted theirs

On 1/12/2019 at 1:20 AM, Nick_gb said:

Drafting Jonah at #1 is one thing, but drafting Little at #1 is a fireable offense.

Archived