Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Acgott

6 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I didn't want anything to do with Lock for a while but I'm starting to come around on him since I've done more digging. Excellent arm talent. Not just the zip he puts on it - but one things he does better than any QB in this class is throw accurately from different arm angles on the move (a la Mahomes and Rodgers). Got more efficient every season in college. Also produced with A LOT less talent to work with than Murray and Haskins. He's worthy of a top 10 pick imo.

He also sucks under pressure and has erratic footwork. It’s not all about arm talent. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He also sucks under pressure and has erratic footwork. It’s not all about arm talent. 

I'm not a QB guru, but from the scouting reports I read - I see a lot more people knocking Haskins footwork than Locks. I'm not saying Lock is the better prospect, but it surprises me to see you say that. I agree it's not all about arm talent. It's also about leadership, football IQ, and work ethic. I've heard both guys being praised for those traits, as well. Also, footwork is something most QB prospects need work on - especially given the fact that we don't see many 3-5-7 step drops in college these days. But my point what was Lock has shown great ability to throw accurately when his footwork isn't perfect, whereas Haskins effectiveness has suffered a lot more when he doesn't have good footwork. This is something that is very valuable, with the speed and explosiveness of pass rushers in the NFL. It's part of what allowed Mahomes to blow up.

2 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

His logic is all kinds of flawed there. Is a committee approach to running a team always necessarily a death blow to the team? If the Mara's involvement is that detrimental, why were good decisions made previously that led to Super Bowls? Is Chris Mara really that involved in what a GM would do? Is he that bad, even though he worked his way up the same way Lombardi did? And on top of all that, bringing in more people as a consulting team is going to fix or identify the problem? It doesn't make much sense to me. It's definitely possible the Maras are too involved in personnel decisions and need to back off. But do you need a consulting team to tell you that? It all seems stupid. Lombardi has looked more like a fool lately than the 'genius' he's supposed to be.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

His logic is all kinds of flawed there. Is a committee approach to running a team always necessarily a death blow to the team? If the Mara's involvement is that detrimental, why were good decisions made previously that led to Super Bowls? Is Chris Mara really that involved in what a GM would do? Is he that bad, even though he worked his way up the same way Lombardi did? And on top of all that, bringing in more people as a consulting team is going to fix or identify the problem? It doesn't make much sense to me. It's definitely possible the Maras are too involved in personnel decisions and need to back off. But do you need a consulting team to tell you that? It all seems stupid. Lombardi has looked more like a fool lately than the 'genius' he's supposed to be.

Said it better than I could have.

2 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I'm not a QB guru, but from the scouting reports I read - I see a lot more people knocking Haskins footwork than Locks. I'm not saying Lock is the better prospect, but it surprises me to see you say that. I agree it's not all about arm talent. It's also about leadership, football IQ, and work ethic. I've heard both guys being praised for those traits, as well. Also, footwork is something most QB prospects need work on - especially given the fact that we don't see many 3-5-7 step drops in college these days. But my point what was Lock has shown great ability to throw accurately when his footwork isn't perfect, whereas Haskins effectiveness has suffered a lot more when he doesn't have good footwork. This is something that is very valuable, with the speed and explosiveness of pass rushers in the NFL. It's part of what allowed Mahomes to blow up.

Nah Lock misses a lot easy throws because his footwork is an issue. Haskins has the same issue too but I don’t think it’s nearly as bad. I saw Haskins make huge we better and better as the year went on in how he dealt with pressure. Samuel Gold does a good breakdown of Lock. His arm talent is as good as anybody in the draft. But his accuracy under pressure and his decision making under pressure is not good.

31 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

My comment didn’t post (surprised I got the picture to post) but Lombardi is big NYG hater. 

I also think there’s a huge difference between an Accorsi draft, Reese draft, and Gettleman draft, so I think the GM definitely has lots of sway. 

• Like 1