Acgott

Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Would you rather have the Giants selections, or who most people think we should’ve drafted moving forward? 

So Saquon and Jones, or Darnold and Allen?

24 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Would you rather have the Giants selections, or who most people think we should’ve drafted moving forward? 

Honestly Darnold and Allen is a better football move. But Saquon is by far my favorite player of the group so I take him regardless of who else they got/didn't get. That's why I'm not fit to be a GM lol.

20 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Honestly Darnold and Allen is a better football move. But Saquon is by far my favorite player of the group so I take him regardless of who else they got/didn't get. That's why I'm not fit to be a GM lol.

Saquan and Allen.  Then get Hebert or Fromm in 2020! 

Why are people still comparing saquan to anyone in last years draft.  Best draft pick was saquan hands down.  I would pick saquan and a punter over darnold and Allen.  Lots of NFL scouts love Jones so they see something we don't.  

5 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

Why are people still comparing saquan to anyone in last years draft.  Best draft pick was saquan hands down.  I would pick saquan and a punter over darnold and Allen.  Lots of NFL scouts love Jones so they see something we don't.  

A bit of a hyperbole, but I agree. I pose the question because Gettleman got a lot of crap last year for not taking a quarterback. This year, he’s once again getting a lot of crap even though he did take a quarterback. It’s interesting 

21 minutes ago, Gmen said:

A bit of a hyperbole, but I agree. I pose the question because Gettleman got a lot of crap last year for not taking a quarterback. This year, he’s once again getting a lot of crap even though he did take a quarterback. It’s interesting 

It's not that he took a QB. We all expected he would take one. It's the QB he took at the position he took him with whom else was available that's being criticized. I hope he makes us all look dumb in the end but I have my doubts...
Really when you look at the draft haul..it's nice and all. But do you feel it justifies sacrificing OJB for? I mean we surely should be better on D. One would hope Bettcher could put together a stout defense considering how many picks were for him. Offense however now seems like we'll have a very 1 dimensional scheme all running through SB. He gets hurt...who takes the reigns as the playmaker?
In the end OBJ was moved for a potential stud DT and a potential lockdown corner. If they both pan out to that level.. I would say it was worth it. But that's alot of if's.

I just realized something. Daniel Jones is Alex Smith. They have near identical measurables, (size, combine numbers). They have the same strengths (intelligence, character, accuracy, good athleticism) and weaknesses (arm strength, big play ability). 

1 hour ago, w4rrior723 said:

I just realized something. Daniel Jones is Alex Smith. They have near identical measurables, (size, combine numbers). They have the same strengths (intelligence, character, accuracy, good athleticism) and weaknesses (arm strength, big play ability). 

So you're telling me we got great value at #6 instead of #1 ?!?!?!?!!

8 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

So you're telling me we got great value at #6 instead of #1 ?!?!?!?!!

lol he's what Alex Smith is, not what people thought Alex Smith was. Still, even if he turns out to have a similar career to Alex Smith, that wouldn't be disappointing as a #6 pick. It just wouldn't be great. 

12 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

The way I'm trying to look at it is that Pat Shurmur got a good year out of Case Keenum. Jones has considerably more talent than Keenum, and Shurmur probably thinks that Jones fits his style of offense like a glove. Shurmur will use a lot of bootlegs and rollouts and quick passes to emphasize YAC and play to Jones' strengths. And defenses will need to load up to stop Saquon, which should make RPOs more effective. If Jones is going to succeed, he couldn't ask for a better place in my opinion. The only negative we be the harsh spotlight he's under.  

Nobody really knows how good Jones is so let's not call him a bust or Alex Smith or peyton manning.  As for the rest of the draft we got a moose in the middle of east run the ball so we need a big man up front. The best corner in the draft zero tds allowed is really impressive a couple more corners which we need a the most underrated pass rusher in the draft.  

I think the best thing for the giants was that trade with obj. We didnt win with him and he missed 16 games the last 2 years so idk why people can't get over that hes gone. He wasn't getting better so get rid him and got a few potential starters out of him.  Worth it

14 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

lol he's what Alex Smith is, not what people thought Alex Smith was. Still, even if he turns out to have a similar career to Alex Smith, that wouldn't be disappointing as a #6 pick. It just wouldn't be great. 

No if he’s Alex Smith that’s a disappointment. You don’t draft QBs at 6 to get Alex Smith. He has to be a top 10 QB at the very least.

The thing about the Jones is that one, Gettleman has never been a position where he had to select a QB ( I mean the buffoon is giving himself credit for Kelly, Elway, Cam etc). Secondly when was the last time with a QB where essentially everybody thought it was a major reach and then everybody was then proven wrong. Like it’s almost a consensus. Jones doesn’t even have a small section of people who say he was worth the pick.

22 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Haha that was all sarcasm my friend.. I'm with you lol

On 4/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, Gmen said:

With Josh Allen falling to 6, I would have rather taken him, gone full defense like Gettleman did during the rest of the draft, and punted picking a QB to 2020, where I trade the farm for the guy I want (Herbert or Fromm).

Even if you hate the player and hate where we took him, you have to give him a chance if the FO thinks he is the guy. It is always worth it to take shots at QBs until you have one, and even then, take mid round shots after you have one too. The value of a QB is so much higher than every other position. The egregious and franchise destroying mistakes come when the guy obviously isn't good, has been given time to develop and hasn't, and the FO won't move on. For as stubborn and self-assured Gettleman seems, he at least has shown he has no problems admitting he made mistakes and correcting them sooner rather than later (see Omameh, Stewart, Flowers). If by the end of the 2020 season Jones isn't the guy, and the Giants don't start taking QBs again, we have a real problem.

8 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Like it’s almost a consensus. Jones doesn’t even have a small section of people who say he was worth the pick.

There are a decent amount of people, former NFL personnel included, who like the pick. And even if they didn't, it literally does not matter. All that matters is how well he plays, which we won't be able to judge until he gets on to the field. You don't draft for good draft grades.

For the record, I was reading that a bunch of people gave the Seahawks' 2012 draft low grades, and all they did was draft Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner. 

Nobody really knows. Just have to let them play and see what happens now.