Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Acgott

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

OBJ was beloved in the locker room. His headlines off the field were the issue.

Collins was loved as well. I imagine it was his price tag for a safety.

No one is doubting players liked him.  All accounts are that he was a hard worker too.  But he was a distraction and there was a clear rift with Eli. 

Landon on the other hand, imo, is a limited player that we were right to move on from.  While a good player, he's not the playmaker she showed during the 2016 season.

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

Yes, once again you just dismiss anything you don't agree with without any real points.  Why would I expect anything else

If there was ever a case of the pot calling the kettle black, this is it.

says the guy who points to locker room problems without any substance or evidence for that matter. Going off a whole load of assumptions. But I’m the guy not making real points? Hilarious. 

52 minutes ago, Acgott said:

OBJ was beloved in the locker room. His headlines off the field were the issue.

Collins was loved as well. I imagine it was his price tag for a safety.

This is all true, I just don’t wanna hear anything about culture because it gets thrown about every time a team sucks. 

When we suck this year, are we gonna point to culture again especially as the “bad apples” are gone? 

25 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

If there was ever a case of the pot calling the kettle black, this is it.

says the guy who points to locker room problems without any substance or evidence for that matter. Going off a whole load of assumptions. But I’m the guy not making real points? Hilarious. 

You still haven't made a point.

Does everyone forget when Odell had comments about Eli in the media in october or november?  When he said Eli couldn't run and was too safe with the ball?  Even if these aren't the worst comments in the world, it shows a lack of maturity going to the media with it and not keeping it in house.  Also, when Eli took a shot at Odell a couple weeks ago with the I won a few games before he got here.  Thats very unlike Eli.  Clearly, management wanted him out.  I mean I don't really see how we can dispute these facts.  He had become a distraction, plain and simple.  Good teams get rid of distractions.   It's just a shame he's probably the most talented WR in the league and this year might be tough, but in the long run I think it is the right move.

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

Maybe the Giants should have had a QB that could get the ball to their players 

You seem to be very critical of Eli the past few years. So here are a few questions. When would you have gotten rid of Eli? Who would be the Giants quarterback right now? And do you think he would have survived behind this offensive line?

I know some fans will say the Giants should have drafted Darnold, kept OBJ, and drafted Josh Allen this year. Who would you rather have :

Sam Darnold / Odell Beckham / Josh Allen

Saquon Barkley / Daniel Jones / Dexter Lawrence / Jabrill Peppers / Oshane Ximines 

I’m going with the latter

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Maybe the Giants should have had a QB that could get the ball to their players 

Again, I think you're missing my point.  I'm not defending Eli.  I'm crictical of the fact that Odell felt it necessary to go and complain and vent to Josina Anderson.

8 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Again, I think you're missing my point.  I'm not defending Eli.  I'm crictical of the fact that Odell felt it necessary to go and complain and vent to Josina Anderson.

OBJ is OBJ. A superstar player with distractions. There’s many parties that are at fault. You get the distraction with the amazing. OBJ is always going to be the headlines off the field, but that doesn’t clear the Giants from boggling the situation 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gmen said:

I know some fans will say the Giants should have drafted Darnold, kept OBJ, and drafted Josh Allen this year. Who would you rather have :

Sam Darnold / Odell Beckham / Josh Allen

Saquon Barkley / Daniel Jones / Dexter Lawrence / Jabrill Peppers / Oshane Ximines 

I’m going with the latter

Quarterback and pass rusher are the most important positions. I’ll take my chances with the ones drafted higher based on my zero knowledge of college. Plus OBJ

18 minutes ago, Acgott said:

OBJ is OBJ. A superstar player with distractions. There’s many parties that are at fault. You get the distraction with the amazing. OBJ is always going to be the headlines off the field, but that doesn’t clear the Giants from boggling the situation 

Distractions for being a superstar are different than needlessly throwing your QB under the bus.  I would guess that that interview and the fact that the Giants didn't believe he was hurt for the last four games but didn't play are the reasons he's no longer on the team.  Players just can't believe they are bigger or more important than the team.  Eventually it will lead to problems.  

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Especially when those distractions are sensationalised because of who he is. Him throwing Eli under the bus isn’t justification for him no longer being here. Especially given there was no blowback from it. No teammates called out Odell for it or nothing. Should he have done it? Probably. But by no means should that or these so called distractions be a reason why he is not here. 

15 hours ago, Acgott said:

Quarterback and pass rusher are the most important positions. I’ll take my chances with the ones drafted higher based on my zero knowledge of college. Plus OBJ

You don’t need to know about college. Darnold has already played a season in the NFL, and done nothing to inspire confidence. 57% completions, and as many TD passes as turnovers is bad even for a rookie. If Daniel Jones were to have that kind of rookie season, people would be calling for Gettlemans head. Yet Darnold gets a pass because he was a predraft darling. The fact that some football fans, let alone Giants fans, still think that the Giants made the wrong choice in drafting Saquon is absolutely mind boggling. His peers ranked him the 16th best player in the NFL after one year - ahead of OBJ. Adrian Peterson thinks Saquon will be the best running back ever. And some people still want Sam freaking Darnold? Thank you, but I’ll keep the generational talent in Saquon and take my chances with Jones. Who by all accounts has been having a great camp thus far.

Edited by Gmen