Jump to content
Acgott

Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Recommended Posts

@ny92mike Let me ask you this. If you made all the moves you wanted to this year. Where do you see our record ending up? Maybe best case scenario a fringe playoff team if everything comes together? Then Eli retires and we go back to square one. Not a logical situation to me. Its time to cut the middleman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acgott said:

@ny92mike Let me ask you this. If you made all the moves you wanted to this year. Where do you see our record ending up? Maybe best case scenario a fringe playoff team if everything comes together? Then Eli retires and we go back to square one. Not a logical situation to me. Its time to cut the middleman. 

You asked me a rhetorical question, and then said it wasn't logical to achieve it..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ny92mike said:

You asked me a rhetorical question, and then said it wasn't logical to achieve it..

 

Lol, because I don't think it is, but maybe you can convince me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Lol, because I don't think it is, but maybe you can convince me.

I'm not here to convince you or to have you tell me I'm right.  I appreciate your opinion whether I agree with it or not.  You think removing Eli is the right thing to do that this move would put this team in the right direction, I think Eli should at the minimum finish out his contract.  There isn't a right or wrong answer here, just opinions besides does it really matter?  You aren't planning on watching how this year unfolds anyway since your skipping it and I likely won't be watching it either after this free agency is finished.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ny92mike said:

I'm not here to convince you or to have you tell me I'm right.  I appreciate your opinion whether I agree with it or not.  You think removing Eli is the right thing to do that this move would put this team in the right direction, I think Eli should at the minimum finish out his contract.  There isn't a right or wrong answer here, just opinions besides does it really matter?  You aren't planning on watching how this year unfolds anyway since your skipping it and I likely won't be watching it either after this free agency is finished.  

I am just trying to know your gameplan to save the Giants. The whole point of this forum is to discuss opinions. Of course I am going to watch every game this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I am just trying to know your gameplan to save the Giants. The whole point of this forum is to discuss opinions. Of course I am going to watch every game this year.

I'll have to get back to you on that.

For me there are things that were done last season, like switching to the 34 defense, and the offensive line decisions among other things.  I haven't had a lot of time to really look at which free agents are available, the projected cost of those players nor have I scouted enough draft prospects to give you an informed opinion.   Not sure which players I'd even attempt to resign at this point.  We've got about 

 

Basically all I can give you know is that I wouldn't release or trade Eli Manning.  I'd also consider releasing Vernon, we have a potential out this year with his contract that would save us several million.  A player that hasn't lived up to where the team thought he'd be.  Not really sure how that would work but if we could June 1st cut him we'd save more than just releasing him.

So I believe there are other areas to save money without the need to cripple the quarterback position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ny92mike Sounds good. I look forward to following your mock to see the directions you propose. 

I agree that Vernon could be a cut candidate as could Jenkins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Acgott said:

@ny92mike Sounds good. I look forward to following your mock to see the directions you propose. 

I agree that Vernon could be a cut candidate as could Jenkins. 

More than welcome to help out if you like, I know we differ in our approach but could always use the help with the draft and free agent scouting.

This second one we plan to run will be more similar to what everyone is used to seeing with ffmd but using a trimmed down version of how tcmd runs to manage it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

More than welcome to help out if you like, I know we differ in our approach but could always use the help with the draft and free agent scouting.

This second one we plan to run will be more similar to what everyone is used to seeing with ffmd but using a trimmed down version of how tcmd runs to manage it.

 

I'm terrible at scouting, but if you want an opinion I'm always happy to voice mine lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montez Sweat at 6 and Jonah Williams at 17 (I personally can't imagine that he would be available at that point, but that seems to be the consensus I see online) would be the best, most realistic picks in the draft at this point, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see this playing out pick 6 is either Sweat or Oliver / 17 is Dan Jones. I don't think Gettleman is considering Haskins. Really don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

The way I see this playing out pick 6 is either Sweat or Oliver / 17 is Dan Jones. I don't think Gettleman is considering Haskins. Really don't.

Well the newest rumors is that they aren't, per Jordan Raanan. My thinking now is, since it is public that they have inquired about Rosen, they gauge what the Cardinals do. If they rebuke the Giants, you know they aren't taking Murray so you can move up and get him (I believe all the smoke that Murray is their guy). If they are willing to talk, you know they are taking Murray, and if you don't like any other QBs in this draft, you trade for Rosen or wait until next year.

I highly, highly doubt the Giants 'wait' and grab a QB at 17. That doesn't fit Gettleman's MO at all. If he wanted a QB, he'd move up and get them or take them at 6.

I also really like Brian Burns at 6. Bottom line is, if you aren't taking a QB, load up on line talent. Burns, Sweat, Ford, Williams, etc. Get your guy next year. It's not like we won't have a top-5 pick to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see a quarterback and pass rusher on day one. Day two we need at least one receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a mock on Fan Speak’s OTC and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I assumed QB was out of question at 6 and don’t have a subscription for trades  

6. Josh Allen, Edge

17. Jawaan Taylor, OT

37. Mack Wilson, ILB

95. Jeffrey Simmons, DE

108. Anthony Johnson, WR

132. Dax Raymond, TE

142. Savion Smith, CB

143. Darnell Savage, FS

171. Dru Samia, G

180. Joe Giles-Harris, LB

232. David Long, CB

245. Daniel Wise, DE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×