Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Acgott

4 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

I been watching the top 5 QBs. Nobody here said anything about Lock or Will Greir. Both QBs have great arms and are gamers

The biggest knock i’ve heard on Grier has been his arm strength and zip.  Lock has a cannon with good velocity though. 

On 3/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, minutemancl said:

Unless its proven otherwise, the trade he made was so dumb and damaging that he absolutely deserves to be called an idiot. We all know we are going to suck this year, but if we still suck in 2020 he has to go. Hell, I'd say kick him to the curb after this year if this draft class sucks. He needs to nail this to have any chance of winning more than 5 games in the foreseeable future. 

The trade not dumb especially if that extra first round pick get us our Qb of the future in this draft or next years draft. Some people here or so fickle, last year people were saying how great a GM  Gettleman was after last year draft, mean while ignoring most of his bad off season moves. Now he is dumb for trading a game changing wide out that I don't remember changing too many if any games for us last year. As I am sure it has been said, we can lose with out Odell. Outside of running back and maybe tight end, there are holes  at every other position (QB, OL, Wideout, DL, LB, CB, Safety). It is most likely going to take 3 drafts to fix every thing. 

I don't want Metcalf at all. Spectacular "athlete" - average football player. His historically poor agility is extremely alarming for a player at his position. Very limited route tree and his ball skills are average. I wouldn't even spend our 2nd round pick on him TBH. Looks amazing in gym shorts but no one has ever been blown away by him in pads.

• Like 1

I’m gonna say

Oliver [Homer Bias... watched him while I was in school there]

Taylor/Ford/Bush/Burns

Adderly/BPA who is gonna be someone we didn’t expect to fall. 

This is one of the drafts that doesn’t blow me away on the offensive side. No “wow” WR, RB, QB... I’ve looked at some multi round mocks (on here, other websites, and simulations) and using the way their board fell, typically 8/12 or 9/12 players were defensive.  Generally an OL or two, WR, RB and all in rounds 5+ except first OL 

Edited by Kodaraw

5 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The trade not dumb especially if that extra first round pick get us our Qb of the future in this draft or next years draft. Some people here or so fickle, last year people were saying how great a GM  Gettleman was after last year draft, mean while ignoring most of his bad off season moves. Now he is dumb for trading a game changing wide out that I don't remember changing too many if any games for us last year. As I am sure it has been said, we can lose with out Odell. Outside of running back and maybe tight end, there are holes  at every other position (QB, OL, Wideout, DL, LB, CB, Safety). It is most likely going to take 3 drafts to fix every thing. 

Who was saying Gettleman was so great after last year? I wasn’t saying that for sure. And I think some gave him a past given the season we were coming off the year before. He is dumb  Odell, that much is true. I’m not convinced at all they’re gonna use these picks to move up and get Kyler Murray. And if we don’t get a QB it just makes the Saquon pick dumb. And you know why Odell didn’t change many games last year? Because we had an oline and QB who hindered him.

In Tuesday’s edition of the incredibly impossible Fanspeak mock draft...

6. Nick Bosa [clearly not happening, but Oliver was there too]

17. Andre Dillard

37. Nasir Adderly

95. Riley Ridley

108. Bobby Okereke

132. Daylon Mack

142. Darnell Savage

143. Anthony Johnson

171. Wyatt Ray

180. Sean Bunting

232. Michael Jordan

245. Joe Giles-Harris

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Wouldn't be opposed to those first 3 selections. Adderley in my opinion is the top safety in the draft. On most boards its Johnathon Abram but if u see game film, Adderley's instincts are off the charts. 

I view Abram as more of a SS. 

At this point I have no idea what managements doing in regards to our first 3 picks. Now I saw today the Giants took Haskins out to dinner. Im sure its a usual thing most teams do is to wine and dine prospects but the fact they did give him a glimpse of a possible future with us makes me think .. are we gonna take him?.  This year for the draft has honestly never been more secretive. Been following this team for almost 25+ yrs and never seen us this shady about an upcoming draft.

• Like 1

My big board as of right now for the Giants, factoring in positions:

1. Kyler Murray

2. Quinnen Williams

3. Nick Bosa

4. Josh Allen

5. Dwayne Haskins

6. Devin White

7. Brian Burns

8. Montez Sweat

9. Jonah Williams

10. Ed Oliver

11. Cody Ford

12. Clelin Ferrell

13. Christian Wilkins

Then it gets hazy for me. Getting any combination of those 2 guys would be amazing at 6 and 17. I'm lower than most on DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell (really any of the 'first round graded' WRs), Rashan Gary, Greedy Williams, and Deandre Baker (really any of the 'first round graded' CBs). I haven't watched a lot of well regarded OL guys like Andre Dillard and Jawaan Taylor, so I can't form a personal opinion on them.

Looking at this board, trading a 2nd for Rosen then drafting Brian Burns and Jonah Williams at 6 and 17 would be a tremendous first 2 rounds. I like Haskins more than Rosen, but I think the difference in them is potentially small enough to warrant getting the lesser QB for much better value.

EDIT: I also really like Devin Bush. Definitely not at 6, but at 17. He is the 1 guy in this draft who is perfect to play $LB in Bettcher's defense at a high level.

Edited by minutemancl

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My big board as of right now for the Giants, factoring in positions:

1. Kyler Murray

2. Quinnen Williams

3. Nick Bosa

4. Josh Allen

5. Dwayne Haskins

6. Devin White

7. Brian Burns

8. Montez Sweat

9. Jonah Williams

10. Ed Oliver

11. Cody Ford

12. Clelin Ferrell

13. Christian Wilkins

Then it gets hazy for me. Getting any combination of those 2 guys would be amazing at 6 and 17. I'm lower than most on DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell (really any of the 'first round graded' WRs), Rashan Gary, Greedy Williams, and Deandre Baker (really any of the 'first round graded' CBs). I haven't watched a lot of well regarded OL guys like Andre Dillard and Jawaan Taylor, so I can't form a personal opinion on them.

Looking at this board, trading a 2nd for Rosen then drafting Brian Burns and Jonah Williams at 6 and 17 would be a tremendous first 2 rounds. I like Haskins more than Rosen, but I think the difference in them is potentially small enough to warrant getting the lesser QB for much better value.

EDIT: I also really like Devin Bush. Definitely not at 6, but at 17. He is the 1 guy in this draft who is perfect to play $LB in Bettcher's defense at a high level.

I completely agree with your logic.  If we can get Rosen or Haskins without giving up 17 I'll be elated.