Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Acgott

On 3/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, Kodaraw said:

The biggest knock i’ve heard on Grier has been his arm strength and zip.  Lock has a cannon with good velocity though. 

As an objective observer, I'm also a little wary of Grier's age. 24 at the time of the draft is old. I don't like old prospects. But that's just a personal thing. Same reason I don't like Finley in this draft. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My big board as of right now for the Giants, factoring in positions:

1. Kyler Murray

2. Quinnen Williams

3. Nick Bosa

4. Josh Allen

5. Dwayne Haskins

6. Devin White

7. Brian Burns

8. Montez Sweat

9. Jonah Williams

10. Ed Oliver

11. Cody Ford

12. Clelin Ferrell

13. Christian Wilkins

Then it gets hazy for me. Getting any combination of those 2 guys would be amazing at 6 and 17. I'm lower than most on DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell (really any of the 'first round graded' WRs), Rashan Gary, Greedy Williams, and Deandre Baker (really any of the 'first round graded' CBs). I haven't watched a lot of well regarded OL guys like Andre Dillard and Jawaan Taylor, so I can't form a personal opinion on them.

Looking at this board, trading a 2nd for Rosen then drafting Brian Burns and Jonah Williams at 6 and 17 would be a tremendous first 2 rounds. I like Haskins more than Rosen, but I think the difference in them is potentially small enough to warrant getting the lesser QB for much better value.

EDIT: I also really like Devin Bush. Definitely not at 6, but at 17. He is the 1 guy in this draft who is perfect to play $LB in Bettcher's defense at a high level.

You will love Taylor once you do some work on him. If we got Rosen for a 2nd that would be an enormous win. 

Question: What does everyone think of the Russell Wilson rumors?

What I’m kind of hoping for with the first three picks :

Josh Allen - The Giants need a stud pass rusher. I like Dwayne Haskins, but i think the Giants May be leaning towards a quarterback with more mobility 

Drew Lock - Very polarizing prospect, but the tools are elite. He can sling the ball. He also has ability to move outside the pocket and make plays. Rumor is the Giants were very interested in senior bowl

Hakeem Butler - 6’5” 230, 4.5 forty. Gettleman drafted Benjamin and Funchess, two similar stature receivers. I’ll bet Butler is on his radar 

Edited by Gmen

Mike Garafolo and Kim Jones seem convinced the Giants are going defense at 6 and Haskins will absolutely not be available at 6. So here are some interesting possibilities for pick 6:

Murray goes 1 to Cardinals. Niners stay put and take their favorite defensive player. The Jets trade back with a team like the Dolphins or Bengals or Broncos who take Haskins. The Raiders take their favorite defensive player, as do the Bucs, leaving us to choose from one of Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, or White. Whichever one is left. 

Or, even crazier, Murray goes to the Cardinals and the Niners stay put and take a defensive player. A team trades up with the Jets again for Haskins. The Raiders, seeing the 2 QBs they liked the most go in the top 3, don't want to risk losing out on one so they take the last one they like in Drew Lock. Bucs take their favorite defensive player, leaving us a choice between 2 of Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, or White. There is definitely a very real possibility of one of these scenarios happening

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Mike Garafolo and Kim Jones seem convinced the Giants are going defense at 6 and Haskins will absolutely not be available at 6. So here are some interesting possibilities for pick 6:

Murray goes 1 to Cardinals. Niners stay put and take their favorite defensive player. The Jets trade back with a team like the Dolphins or Bengals or Broncos who take Haskins. The Raiders take their favorite defensive player, as do the Bucs, leaving us to choose from one of Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, or White. Whichever one is left. 

Or, even crazier, Murray goes to the Cardinals and the Niners stay put and take a defensive player. A team trades up with the Jets again for Haskins. The Raiders, seeing the 2 QBs they liked the most go in the top 3, don't want to risk losing out on one so they take the last one they like in Drew Lock. Bucs take their favorite defensive player, leaving us a choice between 2 of Bosa, Q Williams, Allen, or White. There is definitely a very real possibility of one of these scenarios happening

You gotta be kidding me. 

Like I said when the OBJ trade down, this team lost all benefit of doubt the second it went down and I will never forgive them for it. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Everything. The you gotta be kidding me is in reference to the report that we are going defense with our pick at 6

I don't understand why that's absurd. The defense is devoid of talent and there is a very good chance the best value will be on the defensive side. We need a QB, but you don't take one just to take one. Taking Drew Lock at 6 over someone like Devin White would be insane. Gotta build this team from the bottom up. We are lacking talent everywhere. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I don't understand why that's absurd. The defense is devoid of talent and there is a very good chance the best value will be on the defensive side. We need a QB, but you don't take one just to take one. Taking Drew Lock at 6 over someone like Devin White would be insane. Gotta build this team from the bottom up. We are lacking talent everywhere. 

Who said anything about taking Drew Lock? 

9 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Who said anything about taking Drew Lock? 

I didn't want anything to do with Lock for a while but I'm starting to come around on him since I've done more digging. Excellent arm talent. Not just the zip he puts on it - but one things he does better than any QB in this class is throw accurately from different arm angles on the move (a la Mahomes and Rodgers). Got more efficient every season in college. Also produced with A LOT less talent to work with than Murray and Haskins. He's worthy of a top 10 pick imo.