HIDE YOUR HORSES; GREASE UP YOUR POLES! The Underdogs are Back! Eagles vs Bears WC GDT

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Just going off offensive and defensive production from both teams this year, even though a lot changes in the course of the year, adjusted the score estimates 24-20 bears. 

Bears played a last place schedule this year, have maybe 2 good wins and are playing the returning SB champs while getting their first taste, particularly Trubisky, of the playoffs. 

It’s going to be close. 

They are going to beat you by 10. I hope I am wrong. I want the Rams. 

Ill probably be wrong. Football is so weird. If your team comes out on fire I will look stupid. But the Bears are objectively better. They should win by 10. 

Any given sunday - you know. 

This Eagles team is flawed for sure, but you cannot deny the talent. We found some groove on offense, and we have the best red zone defense in the nfl. Add that our friend Parkey misses fgs at a quite big rate, and that the Bears do not have that scary offense, it is not irrealistic to think we can keep them under 20 points. This Chicago defense is a fine one, no question about that, but we put up a lot of points against the vikings last year as well, who happened to have the nfl's best defense. I'm not saying Philly is the favorite, but counting them out would be a big mistake.

Also, Nagy may be the frontrunner for coach of the year, but rookie coaches won only 2 out of 8 first playoff games since 2010. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They are going to beat you by 10. I hope I am wrong. I want the Rams. 

Ill probably be wrong. Football is so weird. If your team comes out on fire I will look stupid. But the Bears are objectively better. They should win by 10. 

🙄

Have some conviction man. Get off that fence. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Bro. I am pragmatic. I made my stance. You will lost by 10. But I also fully am aware of what sport we are talking about. 

Nothing you can submit would prove to me you’re being pragmatic. It’s almost the opposite of pragmatic. A betting man, straight money, would never give the Eagles 10 pts in this game. 

Just realize this is Alshons coming home party and we get the pleasure of watching Cody Parkey kick against us. 

Interesting. 

Games going to come down to which QB turns the ball over more IMO. Bears Defense  led  the league,  Eagles Defense has forced 9 the past 5 games.

Give me 2 TO against Trubisky  and the  Bears this Sunday, I'll take our chances.

10 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I liked it but then saw who posted it. @Jroc04 @jonu62882 even @EaglesPeteC...you guys are slacking. 

Wait, what did I do?! 

I got my ski mask, bro.  I'm also here for the punch and cookies. 

I mean: GIVE ME YO PUNCH AND COOKIES, SON!  IN THE BAG!  IF I GET ONE BROKEN COOKIE OR MISSING ONE CHOCOLATE CHIP, ITS CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG *****!!

giphy.gif

On 1/2/2019 at 6:17 AM, topwop1 said:

Should be a really good game but I liken this 2018 Bears squad to last year's Eagles squad.  They just have a certain swag going on with them that I think they can beat any team right now and go on a legit SB run.

How is big **** Nick looking for this Sunday with his injury?

Nah, those two teams are nothing alike. 

Bears have the entire city of Chicago already patting them on the back. Eagles had literally everyone doubting them after wentz's injury. 

Nothing remotely similar. 

This is a very winnable game for the eagles imo. 

Here is what I wrote in the niners forum about the bears before we played them in week 16:

"Nagys has done an amazing job at designing and calling plays. Trubs has played within the offense at times, and been masterful with his legs in others. 

On the other hand he's struggled going through his reads and has stared down receivers. He tends to lock on to this first read. Nagy has gotten the first read open a lot, which is what I mean when I say he operates within the offense. There are times where it almost reminds me of early Kaepernick. He's making plays but you wonder if he will be able to make adjustments down the road. "

MT missed some throws against us and they were lucky to come away with the win in that game. MT made some plays, but they were mostly on his first read. Even on plays he would move his head, you can tell that he is trying to look defenders off but never intends to throw it to that side, which is much much different than going through progressions. 

The eagles should be able to generate pressure and that should allow their corners to be agressive underneath. I expect an interception early to set the tone. Your corners have played a lot better recently as the pass rush has stepped up it's game. 

One thing that I haven't heard talked about is the fact Nagy and Peterson have familiarity with each other. 

The bears rarely blitz, especially early in games, so the eagles should bring in an extra blocker or two early in the game and double up mack and Hicks. Its counter intuitive, but it should let foles get into a rythm early with ample time in the pocket. It would set the tone that foles won't get hit a lot.

When Fangio does blitz it tends to be later in the game. He mostly sends ILBs in this scenario as he loves getting pressure up the middle, so you can get them over the middle with quick routes if you can key on the roquan Smith blitz for example. 

They also run a lot of stunts and twists with their DL, so you gotta be ready for that. 

The team that wins the turnover battle will win this game. 

I predict the eagles win on a missed fg/xp in the fourth quarter. 

DOGS

tumblr_oaqn36Jb531ufzk7po1_400.gif

13 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Nothing you can submit would prove to me you’re being pragmatic. It’s almost the opposite of pragmatic. A betting man, straight money, would never give the Eagles 10 pts in this game. 

Im not betting. I am just submitting my opinion. The Bears are an objectively better team. They should beat you. 

That said, go win the game. Because whoever goes to Nola is getting their teeth kicked in. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not betting. I am just submitting my opinion. The Bears are an objectively better team. They should beat you. 

That said, go win the game. Because whoever goes to Nola is getting their teeth kicked in. 

You’ve missed the point. Saying you’re pragmatic and then saying the Eagles will lose by 10 is clearly not very sensible or realistic. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely?  No. If you’re confident in your statement, you’d be willing to put more on the line than just your word so I cited money. Being that people tend to not like to part with money. But whatever you deem important to you, would you bet against the Eagles + 10 points? Maybe you still would but that really wouldn’t make you pragmatic in any way. It would just make you kind of stupid. Or you’re just letting your hate flow. Or your troll superpowers shine. 

The Eagles are playing their best ball this year. Currently, I can’t confidently say the Bears are the better team right now. We’ll see Sunday. But they have proven this year that they are a very formidable team and are favorites to win. I find it hard to see an Eagles’ win. But saying we’re getting “mopped” or losing by double degits is letting your star show. It’s going to be close and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re the team getting their teeth kicked in. 

By the way, you do know that if the Bears win, the winner of your game goes to NO? 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You’ve missed the point. Saying you’re pragmatic and then saying the Eagles will lose by 10 is clearly not very sensible or realistic. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely?  No. If you’re confident in your statement, you’d be willing to put more on the line than just your word so I cited money. Being that people tend to not like to part with money. But whatever you deem important to you, would you bet against the Eagles + 10 points? Maybe you still would but that really wouldn’t make you pragmatic in any way. It would just make you kind of stupid. Or you’re just letting your hate flow. Or your troll superpowers shine. 

The Eagles are playing their best ball this year. Currently, I can’t confidently say the Bears are the better team right now. We’ll see Sunday. But they have proven this year that they are a very formidable team and are favorites to win. I find it hard to see an Eagles’ win. But saying we’re getting “mopped” or losing by double degits is letting your star show. It’s going to be close and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re the team getting their teeth kicked in. 

By the way, you do know that if the Bears win, the winner of your game goes to NO? 

And you seemed to miss my point. I am not confident enough in my opinion to bet on it. 

Yes, I am aware. Which is why I want you guys to win. Let Brees crush you guys on national television, not us. 

Archived