International Football Thread

LeeEvans

On 6/8/2018 at 8:13 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Brazil

Allison - Marcelo, Marquinhos, Silva (or Miranda), Danilo - Fernandinho - Casemiro - Paulinho (how tight is that?) - Neymar, Jesus, Willian

That collection of guys is ridiculous. The question is if they can put it together as a team. I say yes, and pick them to win. 

Edited by DaveDX

20 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Get ready to pack your bags for the US, Canada and Mexico. The 2026 WC is back in NA.

Was a no-brainer.  There shouldn't really have been a choice between a country that needed to spend something like $22 billion on infrastructure and temporary stadiums and a bid that was pretty much ready to go right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Was a no-brainer.  There shouldn't really have been a choice between a country that needed to spend something like $22 billion on infrastructure and temporary stadiums and a bid that was pretty much ready to go right now

I agree. Morocco would have actually been an awesome location though. The infrastructure in place and pure profit margin difference makes the NA bid a clear winner for FIFA. 

I'm so excited, I'm going to try and go to as many games on the East Coast as I can.

25 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Get ready to pack your bags for the US, Canada and Mexico. The 2026 WC is back in NA.

Should be a good world cup. Ridiculous that the US has hosted the World Cup twice in 24 years though.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Should be a good world cup. Ridiculous that the US has hosted the World Cup twice in 24 years though.

Yup. Also there is apparently going to be 80 matches at this WC and Mexico and Canada only get 10 a piece, that's laughable and frankly insulting to those countries assuming they wanted more matches.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Yup. Also there is apparently going to be 80 matches at this WC and Mexico and Canada only get 10 a piece, that's laughable and frankly insulting to those countries assuming they wanted more matches.

That's disgraceful.

The winning bid

The 'United' World Cup will generate $14bn (£10.3bn) in revenue and make an $11bn (£8.1bn) profit for Fifa, says Cordeiro.

Of the 16 host cities, 10 will be in the United States while the remainder will be split evenly between Canada and Mexico.

Sixty matches will take place in the US, while Canada and Mexico will host 10 games each.

The final will be held at the 84,953-capacity MetLife Stadium, which is home to NFL sides the New York Giants and the New York Jets.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44464913

• Like 2