International Football Thread

LeeEvans

8 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I wish England would play games away from Wembley. There was so much more atmosphere at other grounds then that soulless bowl. 

This is so true. The qualifiers should tour the country. Or friendlies should, at minimum. Only way to attract a crowd.

It's really impressive what countries like Luxembourg and the Faroe Islands have been able to achieve, it wasn't long ago these sides were conceding 4+ a game. 

San Marino haven't made any improvements whatsoever in that same time. And countries like Latvia and Moldova have gone backwards. 

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I wish England would play games away from Wembley. There was so much more atmosphere at other grounds then that soulless bowl. 

You're so right. Wales had the same problem when they played games at Principality Stadium. What's the point of having a 75,000 seat stadium if it sounds like a ghost town compared to the 30,000 Cardiff City Stadium. 

I'd have to imagine the atmosphere for an England game would be rocking if they played somewhere like Stamford Bridge, St James' Park, or the Stadium of Light.