International Football Thread

LeeEvans

57 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

jUFgyYy.png

Daylight robbery by the Irish there. 

Overall they've scored 14 goals in qualification and conceded just 2 (to Germany), that's pretty impressive. Over achieving a lot.

56 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Nah mate 442 with converted wingers and no creativity is the future. You watch Spain at 2018 WC. 

God what I wouldn't give for England to have a Rafa coach them. Tactically prepared, boring but effective football. Trying to play attractive football without the right players is painful to watch.

20 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I really don't get that partnership. Dier is more than good enough defensively to allow a more offensive player to be played next to him. 

The question is, who do you even put beside him? Lallana is injured. Just a lack of creative CM's for England right now. I guess you could call up Lewis Cook and give him a try (though risk destroying his confidence and stunting his growth after a poor or middling performance).

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

The question is, who do you even put beside him? Lallana is injured. Just a lack of creative CM's for England right now. I guess you could call up Lewis Cook and give him a try (though risk destroying his confidence and stunting his growth after a poor or middling performance).

The same with QBs, if your confidence is gonna take a hit from a bad outing, I really don't want you playing for me. If he isn't ready that's fine but if its his confidence your worried about then you play him

Crazy that Argentina is in danger of missing the World Cup.  Chile looks like they are even in bigger danger.  2 games left, currently outside the playoff spot (which Argentina occupies) and have to play in Brazil still.  Chile is one of the most entertaining teams to watch so it would suck if they miss out.  Pulling for them and Peru with Argentina being left out.

4 hours ago, PAW said:

Crazy that Argentina is in danger of missing the World Cup.  Chile looks like they are even in bigger danger.  2 games left, currently outside the playoff spot (which Argentina occupies) and have to play in Brazil still.  Chile is one of the most entertaining teams to watch so it would suck if they miss out.  Pulling for them and Peru with Argentina being left out.

Wow, didn't even realize that. That's what I get for not paying attention to CONMEBOL, I guess. I'm rooting for the same outcome as you

• 3 weeks later...