International Football Thread

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Southgate is out of his depth.

Team was so unbalanced, no left footers, constantly passing sideways, no inter-changing or movement, look better without the ball. A penalty and a deflection to win....Zzzzz.

Result is gonna paper over the cracks big time. Southgate has shown he ain’t good enough but with that said, England outside of that front 3 are mostly average at best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Belgium is really good but yeah, ya'll looked very average. Then again, you got the 3 points so

We're lucky they also had a bad day. They beat us twice in the WC and we didn't score on them. That's where the two teams actually are, IMO.

Pickford and Macguire yet again. HOW do these clowns get into the side? Pickford is just shot of all form. It's every game now he makes a calamity. As for Harry, I always knew he had the touch of a trampoline and now it's bitten him on the a55. Not good enough. Not even close.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 5:00 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

What I saw. Belgium looked decent in their win over England.

Kane says: "We were dominate." Saying they lacked luck but schooled them on the field.

They might have lacked luck in scoring. But I thought Belgium played well.

Really? I thought England were the better side in possession and certainly created the better chances/half chances. England were desperately missing the pace of Sterling and/or Rashford. The Belgians played a super high line because of the front 3 of Grealish, Kane and Mount. 

I guess Southgate didn't want Sancho starting 2 games in quick succession, because otherwise it was a no brainer to put him in for Mount in that role.

I actually quite liked the 3-4-3 but everyone else seems to hate it, so maybe it's me.

Grealish was superb. Best player on the pitch by a mile. I can't wait to see him going forward in a full strength England side. I think he compliments our pacey options perfectly.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Really? I thought England were the better side in possession and certainly created the better chances/half chances. England were desperately missing the pace of Sterling and/or Rashford. The Belgians played a super high line because of the front 3 of Grealish, Kane and Mount. 

I guess Southgate didn't want Sancho starting 2 games in quick succession, because otherwise it was a no brainer to put him in for Mount in that role.

I actually quite liked the 3-4-3 but everyone else seems to hate it, so maybe it's me.

Grealish was superb. Best player on the pitch by a mile. I can't wait to see him going forward in a full strength England side. I think he compliments our pacey options perfectly.

I went in figuring a 4 or 5 to 1 score. Not saying Belgium was great, just saying they played well and exceeded my expectations. Held 45% possession. England with 16 shots. None of which I expected.

Read some of the criticism on the 3-4-3.  And the couple articles I saw on it, didnt offer anything as to what they should try using. Off hand I cant think of what might work better for that lineup. 3-3-3-1 with Kane maybe? I dont know what theyre seeing that might offer better use of the talent than the way 3-4-3 utilizes them.

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Have always had a soft spot for Ireland. I wish more dual-eligible players would pick them.

If you added Kane, Graelish, Rice, James, Bellingham, etc. That’s a totally different side. Even Patrick Bamford would help them.

I think Scotland, Wales and Ireland are pretty packed with actually-English guys. I'm sure finance and image has to play a role in this?