Jay Gruden Likely to Return (Confirmed)

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The change I wish they would make Gruden make, but they won't because he's a yes man and this is his reward for it, is for him to get a legitimate offensive coordinator and let that person call plays.  

Sounds like Callahan might be out, and I think he has a big influence on the offensive gameplan.  So you might be seeing some big changes strategically on that side of the ball.

46 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Sounds like Callahan might be out, and I think he has a big influence on the offensive gameplan.  So you might be seeing some big changes strategically on that side of the ball.

That would be a mistake- he is not the conditioning guy.  He's done a great job developing the linemen we have, and it's not his fault we were down to walk-on level players.  He does influence the game plan quite a bit, as he's the running coordinator.  I've also noticed that that position, as well as passing game coordinator, has been implemented the past couple seasons by teams, but I dont know what they do.  Some of the more promising head coaching candidates this year are passing game coordinatirs.  

Craig Hoffman from 106.7 the Fan blamed Callahan for the Redskins OL injuries. He said our OL run into each other and do more drill work - well after practice - then any other position on the team and because they're so huge those 300 plus pound bodies banging into each other so much takes a toll on their bodies as the season goes on.

Craig has a background as a personal trainer or something like that, I believe, he knows a lot about training and personal fitness. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Craig Hoffman from 106.7 the Fan blamed Callahan for the Redskins OL injuries. He said our OL run into each other and do more drill work - well after practice - then any other position on the team and because they're so huge those 300 plus pound bodies banging into each other so much takes a toll on their bodies as the season goes on.

What about the other positions? Still bad luck?

Craig has a background as a personal trainer or something like that, I believe, he knows a lot about training and personal fitness. 

Sounds more qualified than our current crew.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wait...that cant be right. I and others have pinned the injuries on improper conditioning and recovery.

We were told it was all just bad luck.

So, after I discovered the Redskins game wasn't being broadcast in Williamsburg freaking Virginia and then gave up trying to follow the GDT on the crappy WiFi, I left the board until I got back home.

Tonight.

This is not the thread title I wanted to see.

There's a part of me that is internally raging. It's being kept in check by the rest of me that is going #SoSnyder

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, after I discovered the Redskins game wasn't being broadcast in Williamsburg freaking Virginia and then gave up trying to follow the GDT on the crappy WiFi, I left the board until I got back home.

Tonight.

This is not the thread title I wanted to see.

There's a part of me that is internally raging. It's being kept in check by the rest of me that is going #SoSnyder

All the signs pointed here though, you can't be that surprised over it.  This job is so toxic, who would take it after the line of events from Reuben Foster, to Brian Lafemina getting fired over quitting and Bruce Allen winning another power struggle.  The lack of great head coaching candidates helps.  Also, I've detached myself a bit as a fan, so moves like this, while disappointing, no longer get me to rage like they did before.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

All the signs pointed here though, you can't be that surprised over it.  This job is so toxic, who would take it after the line of events from Reuben Foster, to Brian Lafemina getting fired over quitting and Bruce Allen winning another power struggle.  The lack of great head coaching candidates helps.  Also, I've detached myself a bit as a fan, so moves like this, while disappointing, no longer get me to rage like they did before.  

Not surprised ... more resigned and disappointed.

I've disassociated as much as I can while staying a moderator here ... stupid FF and you great guys ... why can't you all just suck and make me give this place up already?! :D:D:D

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Not surprised ... more resigned and disappointed.

I've disassociated as much as I can while staying a moderator here ... stupid FF and you great guys ... why can't you all just suck and make me give this place up already?! :D:D:D

I’m trying 

Archived