Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/31/antonio-brown-dispute-steelers-news-nfl/stories/201812310108?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_PGSportsNow

Several sources said the Steelers’ decision to not play Brown against the Bengals had nothing to do with any type of knee injury.

The disagreement occurred Wednesday morning during a routine walk-through practice that precedes their regular afternoon practice on the South Side. Brown became disgusted and threw a football in anger at one of his teammates, several sources said.

After that, Brown did not practice the rest of the week. According to a source, it was Brown’s decision not to practice with his teammates.

I almost posted this at the time he was ruled out in NFL gen, but I really feel like it's kind of a shame that his contract is such an albatross. As great as he is, I just don't know that he's a requirement for success. While it's hard to say getting rid of a player of Brown's caliber is a good thing, I do think that there would be certain benefits to the team.  Given his dead money hit because of the restructure, he's never going to get traded, but I don't think it would have been the worst idea ever had it been an option. 

Also, that locker room has certainly been sort of a disaster the last few years. Just strong personalities and all that stuff I guess. Not sure it really matters with regards to Tomlin, you can only do what you do, but yeah, at some point, some accountability has to come into play somewhere. 

His salary is ridiculously low for anyone acquiring him. Just throwing that out there. Of course, not sure I would trust him not to sit out and demand a new deal, but yeah, 12.6, 11.3, 12.5 for the next three years if someone were to trade for him. That dead money is atrocious if they moved on after this year, but at least they aren't upside down on the deal, so maybe its not completely out of the realm of possibility. But something has to give here, right? That locker room just seems so dysfunctional at this point. At some point, isn't it just not worth the time and effort? 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

His salary is ridiculously low for anyone acquiring him. Just throwing that out there. Of course, not sure I would trust him not to sit out and demand a new deal, but yeah, 12.6, 11.3, 12.5 for the next three years if someone were to trade for him. That dead money is atrocious if they moved on after this year, but at least they aren't upside down on the deal, so maybe its not completely out of the realm of possibility. But something has to give here, right? That locker room just seems so dysfunctional at this point. At some point, isn't it just not worth the time and effort? 

If I'm the Bills I offer #9 and probably next years first for it.

Screw it, roll the dice, he's worth every ounce of that and then some on the field. Just have no idea how he'd handle the locker room or the city which is a legit ask for any market for him. But at this point if I'm the Steelers, I strongly consider making this move, drafting Ben's real replacement this year at #9, and start retooling. It's clear this bunch is immensely talented but they will never win.

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Brown's panties get in a bunch when the team Voted JuJu Team MVP instead of him?

Seems like it. LOL

It's speculation, but it's sadly so obvious that plenty of people were "joking" about it last week when a knee injury cropped up out of nowhere.

Archived