Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

AB's best argument would be less than 300 yards separated him and the top position, and he lead the league in TD's with 15.

He was 380 yards behind Jones but only 275 behind #2, so you are right that the gap wasn't that large. Had he played in week 17 he likely would have gotten at least another 50-100 yards and a TD but he didn't. I still think the three guys I mentioned above deserve the spot over him for various reasons but I suppose he is probably the top candidate for #2 on 2nd team all pro.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

He was 380 yards behind Jones but only 275 behind #2, so you are right that the gap wasn't that large. Had he played in week 17 he likely would have gotten at least another 50-100 yards and a TD but he didn't. I still think the three guys I mentioned above deserve the spot over him for various reasons but I suppose he is probably the top candidate for #2 on 2nd team all pro.

I disagree with the Julio pick.  Michael Thomas is who should be there.  

And personally after seeing the Peter King clip it becomes a bit of a head scratcher.  He has Brown in there when he thought it was an injury, but changed his mind when he heard the story, and changed it before Ben talked, before Tomlin's press availability, any of that.  So he changed his mind based on a sliver of the story.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I disagree with the Julio pick.  Michael Thomas is who should be there.  

And personally after seeing the Peter King clip it becomes a bit of a head scratcher.  He has Brown in there when he thought it was an injury, but changed his mind when he heard the story, and changed it before Ben talked, before Tomlin's press availability, any of that.  So he changed his mind based on a sliver of the story.

Thomas had 272 less yards and 1 more TD. Sure he had 12 more receptions but he also had 5 less first downs so I don't think they really matter much.

Also, the guy is probably just trying to get a hot take in and stir stuff up by pretending to care and jumping on the AB hate train. AB has been probably a top 3 player of the decade and has the potential to cement himself as a solid #2 behind Jerry Rice for top WR's of all time, and a lot of people love to hate success. AB's antics over the past couple years are also certainly not helping him, but he still get's an extraordinary amount of hate in the face of all this, before all of the details were/are even known, and anyone in the media who can jump on that train can profit off of it.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Thomas had 272 less yards and 1 more TD. Sure he had 12 more receptions but he also had 5 less first downs so I don't think they really matter much.

The first downs argument isn't a great one TBH.  Julio had 170 targets, to Thomas's 141.  So on a per target basis Thomas did so much more than Julio did.

Also now it's being reported two different ways:

1 - The Blow Up was because Ben called him out on running a wrong route in practice and wanted Brown out of the play and someone else put in.

2 - The Blow Up was Brown complaining that no one else on the team took the season serious enough and weren't being professional about their work in practice.

45 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also now it's being reported two different ways:

1 - The Blow Up was because Ben called him out on running a wrong route in practice and wanted Brown out of the play and someone else put in.

2 - The Blow Up was Brown complaining that no one else on the team took the season serious enough and weren't being professional about their work in practice.

Without knowing anything, #1 sounds like a reasonable thing to be upset about, although he obviously took it too far. And #2 (if true and I can believe it true of most of the team) is a very reasonable thing to be upset about, and almost makes his reaction look understandable, although again, he can't just quit on practices and meetings.

15 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

've purposely avoided these topics the last couple of days because I've realized we've got a lot of arm chair psychology going on. People pretending to know what Brown and Ben and Bell and Tomlin and Rooney and whomever are thinking and why as if they've spent every waking moment with them. Annoying...

doesnt exactly take a psychiatrist to see that there's clearly issues going on. lighten up bro. the whole point of a forum is to have discussion about trending topics and weigh in with our opinions. just seems like youre salty that its your team involved tbh

45 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

doesnt exactly take a psychiatrist to see that there's clearly issues going on. lighten up bro. the whole point of a forum is to have discussion about trending topics and weigh in with our opinions. just seems like youre salty that its your team involved tbh

A lot of people on the internet (maybe not so much here, I didn't read the whole thread) are jumping to conclusions about AB, Tomlin, Ben, and the whole team/franchise without knowing a whole lot of details. Some Steelers fans are salty because it's our team, I'm personally pissed because AB is my favorite NFL player ever and if he gets traded it's obviously gonna suck, but @BlaqOptic isn't wrong about people being asinine with their commentary on the subject. Of course we can have a discussion but the people calling AB a headcase and saying he should be traded or that Tomlin should be fired over this without knowing more details are clearly just enjoying being able to attack the Steelers after they've been successful on the field for nearly 15 years straight and stable as a well run franchise for most of their history, something only maybe a couple other teams can say.

39 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

A lot of people on the internet (maybe not so much here, I didn't read the whole thread) are jumping to conclusions about AB, Tomlin, Ben, and the whole team/franchise without knowing a whole lot of details. Some Steelers fans are salty because it's our team, I'm personally pissed because AB is my favorite NFL player ever and if he gets traded it's obviously gonna suck, but @BlaqOptic isn't wrong about people being asinine with their commentary on the subject. Of course we can have a discussion but the people calling AB a headcase and saying he should be traded or that Tomlin should be fired over this without knowing more details are clearly just enjoying being able to attack the Steelers after they've been successful on the field for nearly 15 years straight and stable as a well run franchise for most of their history, something only maybe a couple other teams can say.

Majority of the stuff being discussed here has been driven by factual reports of the childish stuff that AB was doing, and how the rest of the locker room has reacted to it all. I don't see what's wrong with any of the conversations in this thread. Only Steeler fans seem to be offended by the comments. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

King’s right to be honest. Brown could have finished top 10 in yards and top 5 in receptions if he played. Also he could have widened the gap at TD’s. 

Regardless of the drama, musing the game hurt his case 

Disagree.

I wouldn't have voted for AB this year. There were other guys who were just better then him this year. But using what happened in week 17 as a reason why to leave him off is weak. I hate when writers do stuff like this because they are grandstanding and making this about themselves. 

9 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Disagree.

I wouldn't have voted for AB this year. There were other guys who were just better then him this year. But using what happened in week 17 as a reason why to leave him off is weak. I hate when writers do stuff like this because they are grandstanding and making this about themselves. 

It would have helped his case a lot more to have played last week 

Archived