Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

I don't think Brown should've been on the All-Pro Team this year anyways. I think enough guys had better seasons this year. But reading King's full explanation, I don't take issue with his stance. His full comment was:

"I thought about it, and I said, 'I can't in good conscience put a guy who took the equivalent of six percent of the season, and flushed it down the toilet when the Steelers were in a playoff implication game.' 

Which I think is fair. It isn't hurting him for personality or attitude or drama or anything, it's factoring in the fact that he missed a game by choice.

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What is the basis on selecting All-Pros? Is it solely statistical?

Unless they're given specific parameters privately or something, I've only ever seen it vaguely described as the best players in the NFL by position. Which leaves it up to interpretation, really. It definitely isn't just statistically though.

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

Also now it's being reported two different ways:

1 - The Blow Up was because Ben called him out on running a wrong route in practice and wanted Brown out of the play and someone else put in.

2 - The Blow Up was Brown complaining that no one else on the team took the season serious enough and weren't being professional about their work in practice.

I've heard one person - James Jones - claim that Ben asked for Brown out of the play. There are differing details, but James Jones isn't the source I'd go with, personally. And I've heard other less flattering things about what Brown did that I'm not going to repeat as I can't confirm, but it's more credible than what James Jones says.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think Brown should've been on the All-Pro Team this year anyways. I think enough guys had better seasons this year. But reading King's full explanation, I don't take issue with his stance. His full comment was:

Which I think is fair. It isn't hurting him for personality or attitude or drama or anything, it's factoring in the fact that he missed a game by choice.

He’s also the guy that said he couldn’t hold the tape charges against Sharper for the HOF though. So he should answer for why the changing opinion. 

26 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He’s also the guy that said he couldn’t hold the tape charges against Sharper for the HOF though. So he should answer for why the changing opinion. 

King's stance on that was that off the field factors shouldn't impact the HOF, and the HOF's own criteria reflects that. This isn't off the field. This is him missing a game and hurting his team. It's not about the attitude or the fights or whatever, it's about the fact that it led to him missing a game. There's a difference between off field conduct, and the impact that off field conduct has on the field. Sharper's actions didn't have anything to do with his play, his production, or his team's success.

With the WR position being tight at the top, I get it. One missed game, missed in a way that is to Brown's detriment, could definitely place him below guys who were close in performance otherwise.

What's Brown's endgame with his antics? To get traded? He could easily end up on a team like the Cardinals or Jaguars. Or some other team with lackluster quarterback production. If he truly is concerned about his legacy, something like that would screw his quest up. Of course, he could get dealt to a team with just as much stability at QB, but ultimately it would be out of Antonio's hands. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

King is a moron... always has been.

I don't have an issue with him excluding Brown for his ballot, but not a top 20 WR for the SEASON, despite finishing 9th in yards (among WRs) 1st in TDs, and 7th in receptions (among WRs)....and that's with missing the last game.

And for the record, I'm sick of Brown.  Now he is crying about not having leverage on Twitter.   Trade the baby to a team where he will be lucky to come close to the stats he got this year...watch how he cries then.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

King is a moron... always has been.

I don't have an issue with him excluding Brown for his ballot, but not a top 20 WR for the SEASON, despite finishing 9th in yards (among WRs) 1st in TDs, and 7th in receptions (among WRs)....and that's with missing the last game.

And for the record, I'm sick of Brown.  Now he is crying about not having leverage on Twitter.   Trade the baby to a team where he will be lucky to come close to the stats he got this year...watch how he cries then.

Yea I'm with you with all of that.

And if players want to whine about leverage, it's time for them to just start signing 1 year deals that's 100% guaranteed.

I love, love Antonio Brown the player, but I'm trading him for a first all day after his antics. Wide receiver isn't a marquee position, the Steelers have JuJu and a great track record at drafting and developing players at the position. He's the wrong side of 30 and it just doesn't mount up to being worth the hassle to have him around if the price is right. 

Let's face it: we're all here because we love Antonio Brown!!!

His grace, his dignity, his all-in team spirit- the guy's a real Class Act!

Let's hope that the Tone goes off to another team that allows him to show off his best side!

Image result for antonio brown funny images

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

https://twitter.com/MikeEvans13_/status/1081571522001678337

Ok, so I'm leaving this in this form because Mike Evans uses language that you can't use on here.  But this is now the 4th player on twitter I've seen calling out Peter King for this remark and that his right to vote should be revoked.

Peope like Mike Evans missed the point entirely. He wasn't saying AB wasn't a top 20 WR. He was saying that what AB did he found so disqualifying and underming of the core purpose of players (which is to help their teams win games and get in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl) that he wouldn't vote for him even if All Pro was extended to the top 20 WR's. 

That's a valid point. He could have set every single season WR record this year. What good is he if he misses the most important game of the year because he got mad that the QB yelled at him? It's  not called All Statistics. It's called All Pro. Pro as in Professional. That was an incredibly unproffessional thing. And it undermined the reason he's on the team. 

Archived