Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

23 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think Brown should've been on the All-Pro Team this year anyways. I think enough guys had better seasons this year. But reading King's full explanation, I don't take issue with his stance. His full comment was:

Which I think is fair. It isn't hurting him for personality or attitude or drama or anything, it's factoring in the fact that he missed a game by choice.

All pro stats on the field,  but with an * due to diva presence . HIs stats speak for themselves , and if you consider his QB was throwing to the other team more than any other QB especially in september (bens official training camp BTW) it's a no brainer his numbers are all pro.  What he did was lame, but shouldn't take him off the all pro for me anyways.  

36 minutes ago, Chiefs FTW said:

Ah yes, trade away the HOF talent and keep the declining, morally bankrupt, awful human that is Big Ben. Way to go Steelers xDxD

no kidding. Ben is already way over the hill and gets worse but AB will be elite for years barring major injury or a really bad QB.  hey barely beat the bungles worst pass D at home in a game they needed to make the playoffs. It was AB's way of saying"I'm gone, here is what they will be like without me". Selfish, but he got his point across I would conclude. The steelers looked terrible without AB drawing double coverages. 

Is colberts ego to the point where he will trade Brown to a divisional team?

30 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

All pro stats on the field,  but with an * due to diva presence . HIs stats speak for themselves , and if you consider his QB was throwing to the other team more than any other QB especially in september (bens official training camp BTW) it's a no brainer his numbers are all pro.  What he did was lame, but shouldn't take him off the all pro for me anyways.  

It isn't a no brainer at all. His stats are arguably all-pro this year. He was 9th in catches. 11th in yards. Most of the guys ahead of him in yards had better yards per reception, as well. He had the TD lead, but other than that, nothing statistically about his season should put him in that territory. So it's arguable, not clear or a no brainer. Hell, the guy who had the most similar season to him statistically was probably Davante Adams, and he didn't make it either.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It isn't a no brainer at all. His stats are arguably all-pro this year. He was 9th in catches. 11th in yards. Most of the guys ahead of him in yards had better yards per reception, as well. He had the TD lead, but other than that, nothing statistically about his season should put him in that territory. So it's arguable, not clear or a no brainer. Hell, the guy who had the most similar season to him statistically was probably Davante Adams, and he didn't make it either.

I agree he was statistically borderline.  But that King take of not top-10 or top-20 is baaaad.

8 hours ago, Chiefs FTW said:

Ah yes, trade away the HOF talent and keep the declining, morally bankrupt, awful human that is Big Ben. Way to go Steelers xDxD

Hey look, it's the fairweather loser who only pops up when his team is doing well.

23 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is a dumb argument, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Everyone except you knows that if they need a play in the clutch for the money AB is the man. You arguing similarities in stats, Davante Adams is not Antonio Brown, not even close.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is a dumb argument, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Everyone except you knows that if they need a play in the clutch for the money AB is the man. You arguing similarities in stats, Davante Adams is not Antonio Brown, not even close.

Theres a ton of things wrong with this reply. It's all pro. I'm not arguing best WR, it's who had the best season. I never compared Adams to Brown as a WR overall, just as a player who had a similar statistical season to prove that the stats weren't an all pro shoe in kind of year. And what on earth does your clutch comment have to do with who should be on the all pro team? Like....where did that come from?

On 1/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, Jakuvious said:

I don't think Brown should've been on the All-Pro Team this year anyways. I think enough guys had better seasons this year. But reading King's full explanation, I don't take issue with his stance. His full comment was:

Which I think is fair. It isn't hurting him for personality or attitude or drama or anything, it's factoring in the fact that he missed a game by choice.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, lancerman said:

What good is he if he misses the most important game of the year because he got mad that the QB yelled at him? It's  not called All Statistics. It's called All Pro. Pro as in Professional. That was an incredibly unproffessional thing. And it undermined the reason he's on the team. 

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but Didn't AB show up prepared to play and was benched by Tomlin?

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but Didn't AB show up prepared to play and was benched by Tomlin?

This is correct. That being said, what he pulled absolutely deserved a benching in the game. It still goes back around to him. I don't think that you let him off the hook for showing up to play. People should rephrase what they are saying, but the fault is ultimately his. 

Archived