Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/31/report-tantrum-not-injury-kept-antonio-brown-out-of-bengals-game/

"But perhaps more important is if these reports are true, coach Mike Tomlin essentially lied to the media about Brown’s injury status. This isn’t only a horrible look for Tomlin from a PR standpoint, it could violate NFL rules on injury reporting. Tomlin will have his final press conference of the year on Wednesday, and you can bet he will have to answer for this."

There's footage of Mike Tomlin sidestepping the question of Antonio Brown's absence:

Image result for Mike Tomlin cheating

Is it a stretch to say one of the youngest members of the Steelers roster could teach a few of these others a thing or two?

JuJu is a credit to this team. Not afraid to take responsibility. Doesn't lose his head or call others out. 

So while some of the other members of the Steelers roster aren't being team first right now, think they should certainly be happy that they've got this guy on their team and all the best to him in his journey. 

14 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Is it a stretch to say one of the youngest members of the Steelers roster could teach a few of these others a thing or two?

JuJu is a credit to this team. Not afraid to take responsibility. Doesn't lose his head or call others out. 

So while some of the other members of the Steelers roster aren't being team first right now, think they should certainly be happy that they've got this guy on their team and all the best to him in his journey. 

This is only his second year in the NFL. Let's see what his tune is during his 8th year or so. Especially if the Steelers aren't winning at the time, assuming he's still around.

37 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Not at all.  I've run into Juju.  Really different cat.  Was happy to see someone wearing a Steelers shirt.  Didn't just say hi, but talked for a good 5 minutes, paid for my lunch without saying anything.

Last time I ran into AB, I got a head nod, and a walk by.  That's what he was like when I met him after his second season.

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not at all.  I've run into Juju.  Really different cat.  Was happy to see someone wearing a Steelers shirt.  Didn't just say hi, but talked for a good 5 minutes, paid for my lunch without saying anything.

@warfelg- Good God, sir, you win the Casual Name-Dropping Award for 2018! If that had happened to me, I would be talking about that forever!

Closest brush I ever had with Greatness was running into Leonard Fournette after a game. He was remarkably cordial to me: "HUSH yo' MOUFF!- Man give me stuff, an' I don't take stuff! Where he at? Ah bust 'iz head! Whutchoo be lookin' at, Boy???"

Image result for Leonard Fournette

1 minute ago, bzane said:

@warfelg- Good God, sir, you win the Casual Name-Dropping Award for 2018! If that had happened to me, I would be talking about that forever!

Closest brush I ever had with Greatness was running into Leonard Fournette after a game. He was remarkably cordial to me: "HUSH yo' MOUFF!- Man give me stuff, an' I don't take stuff! Where he at? Ah bust 'iz head! Whutchoo be lookin' at, Boy???"

Image result for Leonard Fournette

Haha  I work in a field where I'm around athletes a ton, travel enough, and know the right people that I run into athletes way more than most should.  I'm a golf instructor and 3 of my biggest clients are Aaron Brooks family, Michael Vick, and at times, Justin Verlander.  Got a good family friend that's a turf manager for about 5 stadiums so I get into a bunch of games too.

Lastly....it takes a ton of luck and the right size city.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

This was a while ago, as a former teammate testifies.

But Peter King told us that Ben is a bad tipper and talks trash during pick-up basketball games.

Roethlisberger wanted to run a hot route again during practice, and Brown threw a tantrum. Did it ever occur to people that maybe Brown needed to be called out publicly? That handling things behind closed doors hasn't been working?

AB is wrong for his reaction. It was a selfish move to put his teammates in this situation and it is unfair to the coaching staff. 

However, I can see why he is frustrated. Brown has been the most consistent player in the NFL since 2013. It has to be annoying to have to listen to someone like Ben, who hasn't been consistent the last several years, criticize you. If Ben was as consistent as he was in 2014 and 2015, I doubt Brown would have had this reaction. 

18 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I dont think its a stretch to say that Pit goes into 2019/2020 without both Brown and Bell. They need to move on from the me-first guys and rebuild that culture.

Could be possibly, we see no Ben, Bell, or Brown on the team next year

19 minutes ago, game3525 said:

AB is wrong for his reaction. It was a selfish move to put his teammates in this situation and it is unfair to the coaching staff. 

However, I can see why he is frustrated. Brown has been the most consistent player in the NFL since 2013. It has to be annoying to have to listen to someone like Ben, who hasn't been consistent the last several years, criticize you. If Ben was as consistent as he was in 2014 and 2015, I doubt Brown would have had this reaction. 

I'm sure AB will be much happier with Jimmy the Great throwing him the football.

The two have played together since 2010. In that time, Roethlisberger has called Brown out approximately one time publicly. This despite multiple tantrums from Brown showing up his QB. There are reports of Brown blowing up behind closed doors. Ryan Clark today stated that even before Brown got paid he'd do things like yell at **** Lebeau during practice. A HOF coordinator who was pretty much universally respected by players. Antonio Brown does absolutely retarded things like Facebook Live while his coach talks in the locker room following a playoff win.

Antonio Brown missed a meeting before the Saints game.

He pulled himself out of meetings.

Despite having 1200 plus yards and 15 TD's this year in 15 games while being paid top money at his position, AB reportedly said he feels underappreciated by the team and that he has issues with people in the organization (one of these people is not, in fact, Ben Roethlisberger).

When veteran players are saying that the locker room culture needs to be fixed, they aren't talking about Ben Roethlisberger's ego, no matter how large it may be.

23 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Well if he gets traded to the Jaguars he will miss the days when he was with his imperfect QB in Pittsburgh. Brown has done many things that don't seem team oriented like that  video he took on his phone and posted to facebook with his coach talking about facing the Pats in the playoffs. Getting mad after his team scored a TD. Saying "trade me" on twitter. etc...

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if he gets traded to the Jaguars he will miss the days when he was with his imperfect QB in Pittsburgh. Brown has done many things that don't seem team oriented like that  video he took on his phone and posted to facebook with his coach talking about facing the Pats in the playoffs. Getting mad after his team scored a TD. Saying "trade me" on twitter. etc...

See, that awful fat QB covered for Brown last year publicly and denied that he was doing something like sulking after another player scored a TD. So Brown once again was able to retain some plausible deniability when he acted like a piece of garbage.

Archived