Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Always respected Ben’s game but he really needs to STFU and quit talking to the media about his teammates and coaches. Really the whole team does. It’s like a sickness with these people 

Seriously.  It was the same thing with Bell's situation as well.  I don't think that's on the coach, though.  Most teams don't do this because most adults know there is a certain 'code' and things you don't address publicly.  Like if you went into the Bengals locker room right now, I highly doubt any of the players trash Marvin Lewis in public even if they feel that way within the locker room.

EDIT:  I'm not trying to imply that you're blaming coaching, I just threw that in there.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

To all the people saying to fire Mike Tomlin.... Okay, so who are the Steelers going to replace him with?  Tomlin's record as head coach of the Steelers is very good, he has won a Super Bowl and they make the playoffs almost every year.  You're going to fire a head coach with that track record?  You better make damn sure you can replace him with a quality coach.

So you just keep rolling with a guy who's clearly lost control of the locker room because there are no proven options available elsewhere?

Just now, Starless said:

So you just keep rolling with a guy who's clearly lost control of the locker room because there are no proven options available elsewhere?

So did Andy Reid lose control of the locker room with the Eagles during the year they made the Super Bowl and the year after, or was Terrell Owens extremely toxic and divide that locker room making it extremely difficult to control?  Outside of the Bell situation where he actually sat out the entire season, how much are we talking about the Steelers right now if Brown isn't on the team?

Brown's name has popped up in little stories here and there for a while now.  The Facebook live recording private moments in the locker room, him calling a reporter who covered the Steelers for 25+ years a racist, etc.  And that's just all things we know about.  There's also probably countless tidbits like the one Ryan Clark gave on air today that the public didn't know.

What I'm suggesting to you is, you remove Brown from the equation and things change.  If they go into next season without Brown and Bell and I'm willing to bet you don't see much of a rift in the public anymore.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

So did Andy Reid lose control of the locker room with the Eagles during the year they made the Super Bowl and the year after, or was Terrell Owens extremely toxic and divide that locker room making it extremely difficult to control?  Outside of the Bell situation where he actually sat out the entire season, how much are we talking about the Steelers right now if Brown isn't on the team?

Brown's name has popped up in little stories here and there for a while now.  The Facebook live recording private moments in the locker room, him calling a reporter who covered the Steelers for 25+ years a racist, etc.  And that's just all things we know about.  There's also probably countless tidbits like the one Ryan Clark gave on air today that the public didn't know.

What I'm suggesting to you is, you remove Brown from the equation and things change.  If they go into next season without Brown and Bell and I'm willing to bet you don't see much of a rift in the public anymore.

The thing is, this isn't just one guy responsible. Brown is a problem, yes, but an inability to manage egos is a running concern with that guy, and I don't think getting rid of Brown will fix that. 

This similar in some respects to the Seahawks literally one year ago at this time.  There were Seahawks fans that were saying Pete Carroll needs to go, he can't control the locker room, etc.  Richard Sherman was unhappy and kept making little waves taking shots at Russell Wilson, Michael Bennett was very out spoken, look at Earl Thomas unhappiness, etc.

Guess what - remove Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, Lynch and everyone else who created any sort of problems and magically the team is on the same page, there are no problems and Pete Carroll has control of the locker room again.

Interesting, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Can he win that award when the post was made in 2019? 

Well, okay, retroactive for 2018- and thus far the leader for 2019! @warfelg- Master of the Understatement!

Must say, I was impressed by the tossed-off quality of that anecdote. Some of the fanboys on this site would have swooned to the floor from a Close Encounter of that kind.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

This similar in some respects to the Seahawks literally one year ago at this time.  There were Seahawks fans that were saying Pete Carroll needs to go, he can't control the locker room, etc.  Richard Sherman was unhappy and kept making little waves taking shots at Russell Wilson, Michael Bennett was very out spoken, look at Earl Thomas unhappiness, etc.

Guess what - remove Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, Lynch and everyone else who created any sort of problems and magically the team is on the same page, there are no problems and Pete Carroll has control of the locker room again.

Interesting, isn't it?

One difference.  Wilson isnt Big Ben and he can accept to not throw the ball 50 times per game for the good of the team.

Until he is the leader...then this wont change.

7 minutes ago, bzane said:

Well, okay, retroactive for 2018- and thus far the leader for 2019! @warfelg- Master of the Understatement!

Must say, I was impressed by the tossed-off quality of that anecdote. Some of the fanboys on this site would have swooned to the floor from a Close Encounter of that kind.

Haha, like I said, it happens enough to me that I don't thin them that big.

9 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

One difference.  Wilson isnt Big Ben and he can accept to not throw the ball 50 times per game for the good of the team.

Until he is the leader...then this wont change.

Yea, that's true.  Wilson seems like an easier person to get along with.  My point was, there were people in the locker room who had loud mouths and who are public with things (just like Brown is) and that heavily prevents a QB from doing his job and from the outside looking in makes it look like the coach has lost control of his team.  You remember, I think it was last season, when Brown didn't get the targets he wanted he threw a huge tantrum on the sideline? 

See, you have to get rid of those players.  Because the narrative becomes - we're sitting here talking about things that aren't related to football.

Like, in fairness to Ben.  Has he had massive issues like this with Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes and JuJu Smith-Schuter?  I can't really recall him having a huge rift with any of those guys like he has with Brown or am I mistaken here?

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They wouldn't, pretty much the same boat as OBJ. Big cap hits but less than their salary for 2019

Dead money if Brown is traded before the start of next season:

2019: $21.1m

2020: $14.1m

2021: $7m

10 minutes ago, Starless said:

Dead money if Brown is traded before the start of next season:

2019: $21.1m

2020: $14.1m

2021: $7m

All of the dead money would come next year, those other numbers are the dead money if he was cut/traded during that season. His cap hit for next year is over 22 million so they save a million if they trade him next year and are free and clear beyond 2019 of any cap hits.

Archived