Antonio Brown missed wk. 17 game due to dispute w/ teammate

Apparition

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

All of the dead money would come next year, those other numbers are the dead money if he was cut/traded during that season. His cap hit for next year is over 22 million so they save a million if they trade him next year and are free and clear beyond 2019 of any cap hits.

Still, I don't think they'd want to go into next season with dead money for one player eating up 10% of their cap.

23 minutes ago, Starless said:

Still, I don't think they'd want to go into next season with dead money for one player eating up 10% of their cap.

I don't think it really matters. It will be there with or without Brown. If they want to deal him they can. If they don't they won't. The advantage they have is that they have JuJu so they don't need to replace him with a#1 WR since they already have that.

59 minutes ago, Starless said:

They'd have to radically restructure his deal to make him tradeable. 

They can't. The large cap hit is due to a restructure bonus and SB. They can't go back and and now convert that to base salary so that another team takes on the hit. 

His contract is great for any team trading for him and is not a problem. Cap hits of basically 11.5 - 12.5 million per season with no dead money. The problem is on the pitt end. 

56 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They wouldn't, pretty much the same boat as OBJ. Big cap hits but less than their salary for 2019

At least OBJ is somewhat tradeable if they really decided to do that. They aren't underwater if they traded him next year (actually save 5 million against the cap per OTC). Not ideal, but that's a lot more palatable for a team than the Brown contract where they are basically taking the 21 million dollar hit with no savings (well, 1 million). 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

At least OBJ is somewhat tradeable if they really decided to do that. They aren't underwater if they traded him next year (actually save 5 million against the cap per OTC). Not ideal, but that's a lot more palatable for a team than the Brown contract where they are basically taking the 21 million dollar hit with no savings (well, 1 million). 

OBJ still has $16 million in prorated bonuses and has a $16.75 million salary. I'm not sure how they gain $5 million in salary.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

OBJ still has $16 million in prorated bonuses and has a $16.75 million salary. I'm not sure how they gain $5 million in salary.

. His cap hit is 21 million, 16 dead for bonus = 5 million. 

If they trade him post june 1, they would save like 17 next season and take on the rest of the dead hit the following year. 

Just now, Forge said:

Just what otc said when doing the calculator. Not sure how they got the number either, but that's what pulled up for some reason

It's right, I was wrong, I didn't calculate his 2019 pro rated bonus into the cap hit. They would save 4.75.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I just edited my post when I looked at it again lol

One team saves a little more than $1 million and the other a little less than $5 million so I don't think the cap is a factor for either team if they want to trade AB or OBJ.

There isn't cap incentives to really keep or trade the players so I think both teams are in the same boat. If they want to move on they can, if they don't there is no financial incentive to do so.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes

Archived