2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

25 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Then hopefully getting canned acts as a wake up call for him and he learns from that mistake. 

Like others have said. I don't think he learned bc there was no time to learn. He never had to get grounded and reflect. Therefor odds are he's the same guy.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Even if he was... that’s not how you coach. Shipping them out without anything said is the way to handle that. And quite frankly the only way to handle that. It’s a business and no one should put a player on blast like he has with several players.

Hes not a players coach. Has a single player of ours tweeted they’re excluded for this hire?

No and they should all keep their mouths shut including Jamal who now looks like an idiot. He needs to stay in his lane. Gase is exactly how Parcells was, and the players stfu or they didn’t play. Mangini was that way and I loved it. I’m not directing this at you so sorry if it’s coming out aggressive, but I have a big issue with people complaining about how he’s too tough on players. This is the biggest problem with the era we live in. Everyone is too sensitive and has an opinion on social media. Not a single player on this team can complain about anything, they were embarrassingly bad. So here is your reward for being indiscipline and running a HS offense...a HC who is going to call you out and it’s FIGHT or FLIGHT. When did Bowles even get angry with players on the sidelines are they are getting torched in coverage or dropping passes. 

I’m supporting this guy. I hope he makes the weenies on this team $&@!ing cry! LETS GO JETS! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

No and they should all keep their mouths shut including Jamal who now looks like an idiot. He needs to stay in his lane. Gase is exactly how Parcells was, and the players stfu or they didn’t play. Mangini was that way and I loved it. I’m not directing this at you so sorry if it’s coming out aggressive, but I have a big issue with people complaining about how he’s too tough on players. This is the biggest problem with the era we live in. Everyone is too sensitive and has an opinion on social media. Not a single player on this team can complain about anything, they were embarrassingly bad. So here is your reward for being indiscipline and running a HS offense...a HC who is going to call you out and it’s FIGHT or FLIGHT. When did Bowles even get angry with players on the sidelines are they are getting torched in coverage or dropping passes. 

I’m supporting this guy. I hope he makes the weenies on this team $&@!ing cry! LETS GO JETS! 

My issue isn't at all that's he's tough on his players. Its that he has a certain way he see's something and its that way or no way. No ability to adapt and when you question it... he calls his players out, benches them or ships them out. That's not how you manage. Its no different than being a manager anywhere. I'm a manager for my department for the US Government. And part of my job is knowing each and every one of my employees and know how to talk and listen to each one of them a different way. Bc different people learn, produce, listen in different ways. He's not shown this. And this is a big quality to have as a coach. I don't know a thing about Rhule, but from what I read he was a good people person. Id rather had hired a guy like that than a ****** bag. It will take a short time IMO before you start seeing players turn against him just like in Miami. Like I stated we have some vocal people on social media and I haven't seen 1 big time positive post from a single player on our roster. And that's bc players don't like this guy. And that whole demeanor takes over a locker room in a negative way.

So if we moved to more of a formal 4-3, Leo goes to the 3-tech, Pennel/another NT 1-tech, potentially add a guy like Flowers to play end, and add another end (J. Allen, Ferrell, etc.).  Lee goes to WILL, Williamson goes to MLB, would need a SAM, and try and trade Jenkins?  Or have Jenkins play DE?

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So if we moved to more of a formal 4-3, Leo goes to the 3-tech, Pennel/another NT 1-tech, potentially add a guy like Flowers to play end, and add another end (J. Allen, Ferrell, etc.).  Lee goes to WILL, Williamson goes to MLB, would need a SAM, and try and trade Jenkins?  Or have Jenkins play DE?

Jenkins is a solid piece albeit unspectacular I would look for us to adapt to more 4-3 front and look to trade mismatches. Find a team transitioning to the 3-4 and maybe that’s a trade partner. If we play more 4 man fronts I would like to keep Leo unless we find a team that gives us a really high 2 or low 1. 

21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Think Lee moves to SAM and Adams plays the hybrid SS/WILL.  Most teams run nickel 60% of the time which means you need a guy like Adams who can cover and play the run in that role.

Gregg Williams would love Adams in his scheme.

As for Jenkins if we can't land a trade I think he can find a rotational role as he does a nice job setting the edge and getting pressure when asked to rush.  He's 6'3" 260 which isn't that small.  I think he can make the transition to strong side DE.

Edited by Rockice_8

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I was just going to say; Flowers is an excellent fit for Gregg Williams' defense. 

Not a traditional edge; the Pats rush him a lot from the interior and he's a stud at it. Could slide in with Leo in nickel and dime situations with more traditional rushers on the outside. 

Jenkins could probably play SLB and move down to DE in nickel/dime situations in Gregg's scheme - at least for the short-term. 

If we were to sign flowers, my DL would look like this... 

• 43 alignment: DRAFT/Fowler/Graham --- Leo --- Pennel --- Flowers
  • 46 alignment: DRAFT/Fowler/Graham --- Leo --- Flowers --- Jenkins/FA

Fowler sucks we should stay far away from him.  I'd rather go after Barr and let him rush from the "LEO" if we didn't draft one at #3.  Barr hasn't done it but was pretty good at it in college.  A guy that could rush and cover (Gregg having DL men drop and blitzing CB's is a huge design of his) that would make a guy like Barr extremely useful.

22 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Think Lee moves to SAM and Adams plays the hybrid SS/WILL.  Most teams run nickel 60% of the time which means you need a guy like Adams who can cover and play the run in that role.

Gregg Williams would love Adams in his scheme.

As for Jenkins if we can't land a trade I think he can find a rotational role as he does a nice job setting the edge and getting pressure when asked to rush.  He's 6'3" 260 which isn't that small.  I think he can make the transition to strong side DE.

That'd make sense although I think Lee is better suited as a WILL

I really think you guys are playing into the 4-3 or 3-4 type D way too much. Most good D have guys that are flexible and can play 2 or more spots and move them around. I think the good DC move people around all the time and never really have a set base anymore like they use too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I really think you guys are playing into the 4-3 or 3-4 type D way too much. Most good D have guys that are flexible and can play 2 or more spots and move them around. I think the good DC move people around all the time and never really have a set base anymore like they use too. 

Every defense runs multiple fronts but they all have a base scheme