Jump to content
jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

Recommended Posts

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Packers got Amos as well. 

Ted Thompson has LEFT the building lol.  That dude didn't wanna sign anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rampantjet said:

It says 5:57 am

Nope, it says 8:57am. For me at least.

click and even look at the responses. All within 20 minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want paradis more. I feel like we can fill more holes if we don’t spend big on bell. I still think bell goes to Chicago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DowNY said:

Nope, it says 8:57am. For me at least.

click and even look at the responses. All within 20 minutes ago.

huh says 5:57 for me, though all the RT's are recent... weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ekill08x said:

I want paradis more. I feel like we can fill more holes if we don’t spend big on bell. I still think bell goes to Chicago. 

They could be clearing space for Berry since Berry is reportedly likely to be cut.  They lost Amos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, if it takes another 500k-1mil per to lockdown Paradis just do it. It sucks but we are kind of backed in to a corner, we are desperate for a center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If Jets do not sign Paradis the draft would be the best option to get a new starting Center.  I am sure the naysayers in forum will see it as the end of the world.

 

Edited by famousj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paradis wants to be the highest paid center in the league by a wide margin. I wonder if the Jets are balking because they feel they’re just competing against themselves. 

Mosley is different; there was a lot of competition and they knew they had to overpay to get him. 

I still think there’s a chance we sign both Paradis and Bell, as crazy as it sounds. We’re sitting around $50 million in cap space, and after signing them we’d probably be around $25 million reserved for roster fillers and the draft. Could also see us moving on from Winters and replacing him with a cheaper replacement; cutting him and Crowell would give the Jets $10m more in cap space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, famousj said:

If Jets do not sign Paradis the draft would be the best option to get a new starting Center.

 

I agree but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with an upper echelon vet at center for a young QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Paradis is joining GMFB after this current commercial. He’s in studio. Studio is in Times Square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Paradis wants to be the highest paid center in the league by a wide margin. I wonder if the Jets are balking because they feel they’re just competing against themselves. 

Mosley is different; there was a lot of competition and they knew they had to overpay to get him. 

I still think there’s a chance we sign both Paradis and Bell, as crazy as it sounds. We’re sitting around $50 million in cap space, and after signing them we’d probably be around $25 million reserved for roster fillers and the draft. Could also see us moving on from Winters and replacing him with a cheaper replacement; cutting him and Crowell would give the Jets $10m more in cap space.

I was against signing Bell through the whole process, but since FA actually started, now i am like... counting on signing him.  Do i just want something to be excited about?  Either way it would be hard not to get excited about signing like 5 guys that have been pro bowlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×