2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

58 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why do you guys want AB? You really want his attitude here?

Bell sure, Brown can stay far far away from this locker room 

Bc we need talent and he has a ton of it. And his attitude may be just bc he’s sour on the franchise and needs a change of scenery. He’s not a guy that has a attitude issue until this season. Bell is more an issue than him with a history of marijuana and this hold out.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc we need talent and he has a ton of it. And his attitude may be just bc he’s sour on the franchise and needs a change of scenery. He’s not a guy that has a attitude issue until this season. Bell is more an issue than him with a history of marijuana and this hold out.

He’s always had a bit of a reputation of being a diva, it just came to a head this season. You think he’s going to get along with Gase?

Also, are we going to trade both of our 3rd round picks for him?

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s always had a bit of a reputation of being a diva, it just came to a head this season. You think he’s going to get along with Gase?

Also, are we going to trade both of our 3rd round picks for him?

No the situation I brought up was to swap 1sts this year and get their 2nd this year and next as well as Brown. I think they know that Rudolph isn’t their next franchise QB, so they’d get a QB with that 3rd pick, clear up cap space all in 1 move.

For us it adds picks in the mid rounds along with giving us a legit #1 WR for Darnold for a few seasons.

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we don't get Bell, I think we're going after Fournette. 

Apparently he cleared the air with ownership. So he’s not going anywhere. Ingram and Coleman are the big FAs after Bell. I’d take either of them... but neither make the impact of Bell.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Apparently he cleared the air with ownership. So he’s not going anywhere. Ingram and Coleman are the big FAs after Bell. I’d take either of them... but neither make the impact of Bell.

I'm just now seeing that report.Crap. 

I'm not excited about Coleman. I watch him every weekend. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Crowell can't bring. He's only a year younger and comes from a more exciting offense, that's pretty much it. So I'm really not looking at him. 

I like watching Ingram play, but he's closing in on 30 and had 1 good year when karma came in. It's just hard for me to imagine him being the #1 guy at this point in his career. I wouldn't hate the move, but I would hope we draft someone to rotate with him. 

There aren't a lot of day 1 ready draft prospects or free agents. May not have a choice but to give Bell what he wants. 

While I’ve come around to the idea of giving Bell what he wants in FA, I really hope that Macc prioritizes the offensive line. It’s the one unit that you can improve drastically overnight. If the Jets want to help Darnold, they need to add atleast two new starters on the offensive line.

The Jets should go hard after both Roger Saffold and Matt Paradis. Beachum is solid, Shell is improving, and you would see a different Brian Winters if he had an elite center next to him. Based on LG/C contracts given out last year, Paradis will probably cost around $12 million/year while Saffold would cost $13-14 million/year. They would be well worth it as long as there are outs on their contracts after the 2nd season. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1

I mean we all know the offensive targets on the offensive side of the line, but the possible switch to a 4-3 could be an interesting one to watch.  We all know about the big four in Lawerence, Clowney, Clark and Flowers but there are a ton of older guys that are coming off injuries or disappointing years that could come at a slightly discounted price in Morgan, Gregory, Graham, Smith, Ansah, Ford and Barr. I wouldn't be opposed from making a splash on Jarrett in the middle or bringing back Sheldon Richardson. I doubt that we commit any long term money to Claiborne, perhaps we go after someone like Darby, Nelson or Desir.

We all know that we have to get Darnold weapons this offseason, clearly we will have to be creative in that approach. But man, we can really put together an elite defense with some savvy signings and gambles.

3 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

I mean we all know the offensive targets on the offensive side of the line, but the possible switch to a 4-3 could be an interesting one to watch.  We all know about the big four in Lawerence, Clowney, Clark and Flowers but there are a ton of older guys that are coming off injuries or disappointing years that could come at a slightly discounted price in Morgan, Gregory, Graham, Smith, Ansah, Ford and Barr. I wouldn't be opposed from making a splash on Jarrett in the middle or bringing back Sheldon Richardson. I doubt that we commit any long term money to Claiborne, perhaps we go after someone like Darby, Nelson or Desir.

We all know that we have to get Darnold weapons this offseason, clearly we will have to be creative in that approach. But man, we can really put together an elite defense with some savvy signings and gambles.

I mentioned this before, but I would love Barr in the 34.