2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Brown is solid nothing special.  He's basically a younger Beachum.  A stable LT that you can rely on.  

A bit wary of him though because that NE OL system brings out the best in guys.

Ja’Wuan James from Dolphins might be a better option, depending on his relationship with Gase

1 minute ago, Rich51 said:

Ja’Wuan James from Dolphins might be a better option, depending on his relationship with Gase

James is a good option but he's a RT where as Brown has played LT.  Both are very similar solid stable players at their positions.  You could do much worse for sure and we'd be in good hands with either really.  I don't know if we are giving up on Shell yet or not.  

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Pats just drafted at Isaiah Wynn in the first round last year so I think he’s their LT of the future unless they’re playing him at G. 

FWIW he’s listed as an OT.

Not saying he won't hit the market, I just question Mac being forward thinking enough to realize that he'd be an ideal replacement for Beachum

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Only Kiko Alonso from Dolphins roster Gase likes.  Alonso won't be cut for sure.   Ryan Tannehill will be cut to save 1/2 salary of his from Dolphins so signing him as a backup qb is a possibility.

Tannehill won't sign here as a backup.  He'll have opportunities to compete to be a starter elsewhere if cut.

Edited by barnaby8787

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Tannehill won't sign here as a backup.  He'll have opportunities to compete to be a starter elsewhere if cut.

Jags

Giants

Redskins

Broncos?

Are the only jobs I can think of currently open. 

Tannehill, Bridgewater, Flacco and Foles probably split those amongst themselves.

So yeah can’t see Tannehill here as a backup nor should he. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You right. Macc has given us no indication he can get this thing right Short nor long term thinking.

100%.  If it was me, i'd cut Long and Beachum, add Brown and Paradis, and then Slauson on a short-term deal.  Draft a guard in the third to replace Slauson next year.  Draft another guard next year to replace Winters.  Shell is fine at RT.

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nick Foles

Joe Flacco

Teddy Bridgewater

Eli Manning?

It would be amazing if Tannehill finds that opportunity.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jags

Giants

Redskins

Broncos?

Are the only jobs I can think of currently open. 

Tannehill, Bridgewater, Flacco and Foles probably split those amongst themselves.

So yeah can’t see Tannehill here as a backup nor should he. 

Bengals potentially too and the Bucs.