2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

23 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We should’ve been in on Shaq Barrett. 1 year deal at 5 mil. Would’ve been worth the risk. 

Jets had no qualms with giving a fat contract to Anthony Barr, who owns the fewest registered sacks in NFL than Golden and Barrett.  Now, Jets missed out on Markus Golden and Shaquil Barrett for 5m or less.  Incredible!

I guess Jets will enter 2019 season with one true pass rusher (via top 10 pick).

Edited by JetsandI

Center market is really that bad.  Even worse, Jets may not be able to swoop up high regarded Center via draft without any trade.  Even though I don't expect Gase brings anyone from Miami, Travis Swanson may be best "better than nothing" center for Jets. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Center market is really that bad.  Even worse, Jets may not be able to swoop up high regarded Center via draft without any trade.  Even though I don't expect Gase brings anyone from Miami, Travis Swanson may be best "better than nothing" center for Jets. 

I wouldn't mind just signing a vet and drafting someone in the 3rd. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't mind just signing a vet and drafting someone in the 3rd. 

Honestly my goal is to trade back and take one in either the mid first or the 2nd, depending on what trade capital we get.  I don't want C to be decent i want it to be a strength

Edited by rampantjet
  • Like 1

Garrett Bradbury, Elgton Jenkins, Erik McCoy and Connor McGovern may be gone by 3rd round.  Michael Jordan prefers G to C.   Ross Pierschbacher may be an ideal choice for Jets if we want to draft C with either 3rd round pick.  How decent is he?

Not going to pretend that one of top centers will be available for Jets' 1st 3rd round pick. Not today, not this month, not even next month. Many teams are seeking for OL help and quality of IOL is superior to OT's.

I’m not surprised to not hear us involved with Centers bc there’s no good ones available. Seems like it’s 100% the draft route we take. Odds are we value Harrison higher than any vet C.

I am surprised at how little we are in on edges being we need 2. Looking at the list of available guys... don’t really like any guys besides Houston or Ray.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I try to get sense whether a team will trade up with Jets. I have nothing. oof!   

I think Rosen somehow gets traded to NYG and we then struggle big time to trade back. Crazy to think yesterday is a year ago we made that trade to 3. Really not knowing who we’d get, but clearly really liked 3 QBs. Can’t see any team making a trade early this year bc its really a 2 QB class really high. Arizona trades Rosen and obviously that means they’re going Murray. A team really can’t trade with us, Bc it doesn’t guarantee them Haskins. This situation won’t be clear until we are on the clock really.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Rosen somehow gets traded to NYG and we then struggle big time to trade back. Crazy to think yesterday is a year ago we made that trade to 3. Really not knowing who we’d get, but clearly really liked 3 QBs. Can’t see any team making a trade early this year bc its really a 2 QB class really high. Arizona trades Rosen and obviously that means they’re going Murray. A team really can’t trade with us, Bc it doesn’t guarantee them Haskins. This situation won’t be clear until we are on the clock really.

Yeah.. that sucks.  Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock are good prospects but don't produce enough buzz to be legit top 5.  Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos or maybe Giants may take qb when it comes to them.  Heck, they may settle down with second fiddle qbs like Clayton Thorson or Ryan Finley after 1st round.

Need to watch out for 49ers and Raiders swap 1st just in case if Cardinals keep Rosen and Raiders actually are serious about Murray.  Jon Gruden talks too much so it is hard to know.