2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Jets had no qualms with giving a fat contract to Anthony Barr, who owns the fewest registered sacks in NFL than Golden and Barrett.  Now, Jets missed out on Markus Golden and Shaquil Barrett for 5m or less.  Incredible!

I guess Jets will enter 2019 season with one true pass rusher (via top 10 pick).

Just give Justin Houston $15m for the two years and a team option for a third year. Well worth the money for his production and oils serve as a great mentor for a pass rusher if we draft one high in this draft. 

We gave McCown $10m last year to hold Sams hand so let’s spend the money on a vet who can help now and also in the future 

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

15 games in rookie year and 13 games in 3rd season.   My gosh.   What a waste.  I won't have any problem if there is any offering for him, though.

I year prove it deal would be ideal. It would only be a good thing for Darnold when he’s healthy

Edited by bspice

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Just give Justin Houston $15m for the two years and a team option for a third year. Well worth the money for his production and oils serve as a great mentor for a pass rusher if we draft one high in this draft. 

We gave McCown $10m last year to hold Sams hand so let’s spend the money on a vet who can help now and also in the future 

My name isn't Mike Maccagnan. lol.  I would do it.

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

He's probably looking for a contender first and if he can't get one to pay him well enough then maybe he'll look for a team like the Jets willing to pay up.

Houston not doing anything yet has him waiting for a contract at a certain pay written all over it. Wouldn’t surprise me if he lets the weakened play out. And if a good team won’t pay him he starts taking visits from teams like us to sell him.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's probably looking for a contender first and if he can't get one to pay him well enough then maybe he'll look for a team like the Jets willing to pay up.

Especially contenders with salary cap issue that needs some time to be adjusted.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Rosen somehow gets traded to NYG and we then struggle big time to trade back. Crazy to think yesterday is a year ago we made that trade to 3. Really not knowing who we’d get, but clearly really liked 3 QBs. Can’t see any team making a trade early this year bc its really a 2 QB class really high. Arizona trades Rosen and obviously that means they’re going Murray. A team really can’t trade with us, Bc it doesn’t guarantee them Haskins. This situation won’t be clear until we are on the clock really.

That is what I have been saying for a week. Most of the action will be in the first 45 minutes of round one. Last week I was all for trading down, now I think we should take the best pass rusher that is on the board. Unless we get a deal like the Colts got last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is what I have been saying for a week. Most of the action will be in the first 45 minutes of round one. Last week I was all for trading down, now I think we should take the best pass rusher that is on the board. Unless we get a deal like the Colts got last year.

Thinking about what would Jets do with top pick daily is worse than drinking a half case of beer daily. Horrible!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Well the way the Barr situation played out it left us a small crop of edges after Barr flipped. Houston is the only option left that is an “answer” to an edge spot left really.