2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I can’t believe we’ve not moved heaven and earth for Justin Houston....Just turned 30 with so much experience as a OLB in a 3-4, 78.5 career sacks and would be our best pass rusher since Abraham. 

Cant believe we’ve not gone all out for him. It’s like we cursed to never having a pass rushing OLB. 

• Like 5

I’m surprised the Falcons haven’t put Vic Beasley on the block. They received offers at the trading deadline but rejected those offers because they didn’t want to give up on the season. He’s another guy that would benefit from playing in a different scheme. He had a rough year but I would see what Atl would want.

Atl is up against the Cap and his $12M salary would free them up to redo Julio’s contract. 

The Nola 3rd would be my offer.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’m surprised the Falcons haven’t put Vic Beasley on the block. They received offers at the trading deadline but rejected those offers because they didn’t want to give up on the season. He’s another guy that would benefit from playing in a different scheme. He had a rough year but I would see what Atl would want.

Atl is up against the Cap and his $12M salary would free them up to redo Julio’s contract. 

The Nola 3rd would be my offer.

Beasley would be an okay move but with only 10 sacks over the last two years I’m not sure I’d give anything more than a 5th rounder. 

Guys like Shaq Barrett and Markus Golden were of similar ilk as only received a 1yr deal worth $5m or so. I’d rather keep our pick and get a guy like that if we are going cheap and not after the Houston/Ansah type guy 

Edited by xenajets

20 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Beasley would be an okay move but with only 10 sacks over the last two years I’m not sure I’d give anything more than a 5th rounder. 

Guys like Shaq Barrett and Markus Golden were of similar ilk as only received a 1yr deal worth $5m or so. I’d rather keep our pick and get a guy like that if we are going cheap and not after the Houston/Ansah type guy 

I would want to get Houston also. 

Maybe a draft pick for Beasley doesn't make sense. Possibly Lee for Beasley. Lee fits their scheme better and Beasley fits our scheme and need better. Ford went for a second. So you are right about his value probably being closer to a 5th. 

It's all speculation though. I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything coming out of Atlanta considering they only have $7M of cap space in a draft where they have 9 picks. And that $7M of cap space doesn't include their two most recent FA. So they're likely below $5M of cap space. That's not enough to sign their draft picks. 

Edited by SDotNova

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One thing worth noting, a lot of social media think a trade is coming. Mac has been backloading contracts so we still have a ton of cap space apparently. You’d have to think the targets are Clowney or Lawrence. 

Makes sense. I think DLaw is definitely attainable. 

34 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One thing worth noting, a lot of social media think a trade is coming. Mac has been backloading contracts so we still have a ton of cap space apparently. You’d have to think the targets are Clowney or Lawrence. 

$35-$45M in cap space still depending on how the structure of the Anderson deal. Depending on what we give up, that would be great. Demarcus Lawrence on the Jets. Get it done. That's a lot better than my trade proposal. haha.

Edited by SDotNova

If you read a few other teams blogs/beat reporters, there is a lot of chatter about fans/reporters wanting to trade us for D. Lee. The market seems to be there for him. 

Ciny/Wash - speculation on 5th/6th rounders.

Philly - speculation on one of their 4th rounders.

Again, no rumors that there have been GM talks, just people floating ideas. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Guys I’m still interested in:

C Steven Wisneiwski- yeesh

C Jon Sullivan- gross

G/C Josh Kline- meh

RT Ryan Schraeder- meh

RT Jeremy Parnell- meh

RB TJ Yeldon- really like it

TE ASJ- i'm oddly ok with it

TE Darren Fells- meh

EDGE Justin Houston- love it and it needs to happen 

EDGE Aaron Lynch- ok

EDGE Cassius Marsh- ok

EDGE Eli Harold- not bad, may fit our system better than he did in SF

CB EJ Gaines- cool with it

CB Breshad Breeland- cool with it.

My reactions above

An idea that’s growing on me is adding Sullivan and then in some way (even if it means trading up) drafting Elgton Jenkins. And here’s why... Sullivan is older. But can’t argue that his play is still good. Has helped lead the way for Gurley the last few years and for AP in Minnesota. Sure he probably only has a year or so left... but that’s why I say draft Jenkins. Jenkins can also play G. So he’s versatile and we secure our long term C without having to start him right away.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Also, you guys don’t want Beasley. He’s a guy who had one good year based off of his athleticism. He’s struggled ever since because he has no pass rusher moves.  Falcons fans say he’s awful. 

Ya it was just as much luck too as it was athleticism.  Dude had almost as many sacks as he had pressures that year.  He was converting pressures at an unsustainable rate.  

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trading for Lawerence would make sense both both sides really. Dallas can use more draft picks and really don’t want to pay Lawerence. Especially when they have to pay Cooper, Dak and Elliott Soon. Not sure what his trade value is though.

It would be an interesting move for sure.  I'd be really interested to see what he goes for.  If I'm not mistaken Dee Ford had signed his tag and fetched a 2020 2nd.  I'd say Lawrence is a better player with more of a track record of getting it done, but he also hasn't signed his tender, so it is kind of a wash there as far as value.  Hell I'd give them, a 2020 2nd rounder and maybe even something else.  

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ya it was just as much luck too as it was athleticism.  Dude had almost as many sacks as he had pressures that year.  He was converting pressures at an unsustainable rate.  

It would be an interesting move for sure.  I'd be really interested to see what he goes for.  If I'm not mistaken Dee Ford had signed his tag and fetched a 2020 2nd.  I'd say Lawrence is a better player with more of a track record of getting it done, but he also hasn't signed his tender, so it is kind of a wash there as far as value.  Hell I'd give them, a 2020 2nd rounder and maybe even something else.  

Give NO 3rd and our 3rd next year for him