2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I feel like Dallas and Houston would want more. I would certainly give up more. Those guys are young. 

What do y’all think of 

Pick #3 for Clowney and Pick #22.

Houston will be assured one of the top 3 DL on a rookie contract.

For us, we get Clowney and are in better position to get a Center. 

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I feel like Dallas and Houston would want more. I would certainly give up more. Those guys are young. 

What do y’all think of 

I’d rather just take Allen or Bosa at 3 and Draft McCoy or Bradberry with our 3rd

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d rather just take Allen or Bosa at 3 and Draft McCoy or Bradberry with our 3rd

I think those guys are going to be long gone by the time we pick in the 3rd. Bradberry is being mocked in the mid teens. After his combine and senior bowl performance, he’ll be a first round pick. Same with McCoy. Some mocks have him in the first. Best hope if we wait for the 3rd round is a guy like McGovern. 

Edited by SDotNova

I thought about Vic recently and how much better he would be in the 3-4. I would be open to trading for him. I loved him in college. My own challenge is that I want us to get in position to gain more draft picks and not trade them + this draft class is loaded with 3-4 OLBs. So it's hard for me to justify trading for another OLB. I would do it if it was a similar trade to K.O's and we just swap picks in a round. 

I'm shocked by the lack of interest for Houston, but now I'm really sure we're planning to draft one early.  

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

What do y’all think of 

I'd do 3 for Clowney, 22, and their 2 2nds.

6 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

I live in Houston an have seen Clowney live. He does not have a huge motor and without Watt on the other side he disappears. Also, lots of injuries. Hard Pass

Clowney is overrated IMO. Trust me I’d take him on our team... but still think he’s overrated

• Like 1

With Brandon Shell being hurt and not healthy currently would we take a flier on Donald Penn? 

He could start at RT (either if Shell is hurt/we try Shell at RG) or would be a great backup at either tackle position if we had injuries.

Wouldn’t want to pay much but decent production before getting hurt last year and the year before he was a pro bowler of im not mistaken 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

With Brandon Shell being hurt and not healthy currently would we take a flier on Donald Penn? 

He could start at RT (either if Shell is hurt/we try Shell at RG) or would be a great backup at either tackle position if we had injuries.

Wouldn’t want to pay much but decent production before getting hurt last year and the year before he was a pro bowler of im not mistaken 

I am pretty sure Shell is fine by now.  The final report i saw said it was a 6 week injury.  Donald Penn is 36 and terrible.  Oakland had the 2 worst OT's in football last year and he was behind them for a reason.,

16 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I am pretty sure Shell is fine by now.  The final report i saw said it was a 6 week injury.  Donald Penn is 36 and terrible.  Oakland had the 2 worst OT's in football last year and he was behind them for a reason.,

The last news I saw on him was that he had beyond the typical ACL injury and was a 6 to 9 month recovery time.  Can you find the piece you saw that said 6 weeks.  6 weeks would be great.