2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

3 hours ago, DowNY said:

Found this interesting. Their pro bowl center retired and they find a replacement soon after with Easton & probably comfortable with it.

Wonder what our plan is.

I'm fine with it, that is less competition for a really good C in the draft.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I actually don't know why this isn't done more often. An athletic G that isn't really tall should be able to play C. Ideally you can just get a good C, but moving a G to C should be an option too.

Easton has actually started a fair amount of games at center. With that said, he’s not very good. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think right now if the season started we would have Harrison as the starting center who I think is better than Easton. 

If the season started today our line would be effing terrible. As much as I want Bosa or Allen, I really believe that if we can trade down we have to. Lots of edge rushers in the top of the draft so we will still fill that hole along with some lineman. Would feel better if we didn’t go into the season assuming Shell is our starting RT either. He wasn’t very good last year and got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If the season started today our line would be effing terrible. As much as I want Bosa or Allen, I really believe that if we can trade down we have to. Lots of edge rushers in the top of the draft so we will still fill that hole along with some lineman. Would feel better if we didn’t go into the season assuming Shell is our starting RT either. He wasn’t very good last year and got hurt. 

I sad this before signing Bell (and then once Bell was signed we suddenly forgot the major holes we have)

Our o-line from centre to right....Harrison-Winters-Shell.

Starting edge rushers...Jenkins-Luvu

Starting cornerbacks...Tru...Poole...Roberts

Thats three important position groups we have seriously neglected this offseason. We can’t do it all in the draft. 

I’d rather us draft the superstar pass rusher unless the deal down is ‘an offer we can’t refuse’. 

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I sad this before signing Bell (and then once Bell was signed we suddenly forgot the major holes we have)

Our o-line from centre to right....Harrison-Winters-Shell.

Starting edge rushers...Jenkins-Luvu

Starting cornerbacks...Tru...Poole...Roberts

Thats three important position groups we have seriously neglected this offseason. We can’t do it all in the draft. 

I’d rather us draft the superstar pass rusher unless the deal down is ‘an offer we can’t refuse’. 

I agree. But Winters and Shell when healthy aren’t bad at all. Completely agree about C. We haven’t had a good pass rush and therefor have got this not accurate frame of mind that we need great CBs. Get pressure on the QB and they don’t have to cover as long. I think we go Bosa or Allen at 3 so that will answer 1 edge. And much like others... I’m very surprised we haven’t got another Edge in FA or trade. But never know... could still happen.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think right now if the season started we would have Harrison as the starting center who I think is better than Easton. 

Nope.   Saints signed Easton to give him a chance to compete at C and LG. That alone suggest he is better than Harrison.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But Winters and Shell when healthy aren’t bad at all. Completely agree about C. We haven’t had a good pass rush and therefor have got this not accurate frame of mind that we need great CBs. Get pressure on the QB and they don’t have to cover as long. I think we go Bosa or Allen at 3 so that will answer 1 edge. And much like others... I’m very surprised we haven’t got another Edge in FA or trade. But never know... could still happen.

Not good either. Winters is better than shell @me @Rockice_8 haha. Shell was so bad at run blocking last year, honestly the whole line in general was. Winters at least is good in that area and just struggles in pass protection. I really hope that isn’t our starting line this year. It will be a crutch to our offense and we won’t win more than 7 games.