2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not good either. Winters is better than shell @me @Rockice_8 haha. Shell was so bad at run blocking last year, honestly the whole line in general was. Winters at least is good in that area and just struggles in pass protection. I really hope that isn’t our starting line this year. It will be a crutch to our offense and we won’t win more than 7 games.

Odds are what we have will be our OLine. Bc a 3rd Rounder it later likely won’t push those guys to the bench. C is the only spot. And there’s a strong argument to be made that a 3rd Rounder can’t start over Harrison.

• Like 1

I say Keep Winters for this season and maybe draft another RG in the late rounds to sit behind him. If he struggles this season, we can release him next year and get 7.5M. Then we can go with the RG we just drafted or pick up another one in 2020. 

Beachum is a FA after this season. We have to start planning for that. One of the reasons why I can't write off the idea of us picking Taylor to play LT.

Just now, SDotNova said:

Albright is suggesting his value is around a 5th. Denver has two 5th round picks: 148 and 156. We are not signing him next year. I would do that trade. 

I would take #148 and our 4th and see if we can flip it for Waynes.  That would be perfect for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I would take #148 and our 4th and see if we can flip it for Waynes.  That would be perfect for us.

Yup. That would be a perfect follow up. Trumaine, Waynes, Poole and Roberts is a solid group. Only thing missing on D would be and Edge.

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but Waynes is actually good at football. Can’t see minny taking that deal. 

The whole notion of the Vikings trading Trae Waynes is a bunch of horsecrock.  You don't trade a competent CB to open up cap space.  And you certainly aren't trading it for another teams' spare parts or picks.

• Like 1

I don’t think it makes any sense to trade Lee for a 5th round pick. We’d get at least that in 2020 in the form of a comp pick. 

He is only making pennies and coming off a season where he was one of the highest graded coverage LBs in the league.

17 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I don’t think it makes any sense to trade Lee for a 5th round pick. We’d get at least that in 2020 in the form of a comp pick. 

He is only making pennies and coming off a season where he was one of the highest graded coverage LBs in the league.

The only issue with the comp pick idea is that we are likely going to be players in FA next year as well. So there’s a good chance we will sign players to offset Lee.