2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If we do target a back I’d look at Tevin Coleman. Not a lot of carries, game breaking ability in both the run game and pass game. Good compliment to either Crowell, Powell or McGuire. 

Powell is UFA.  I can see Jets keep Crowell, McGuire and Cannon and move forward.  However, if Jets are there to sign new RB then Coleman replacing McGuire makes sense.

Since Maccagnan is in charge of roster I don't know if replacing incumbent ones into his mind.  There is no right or wrong on replacing RB in the depth as long as Gase utilizes  running game well. umm.

I have been reading the various Steeler forums to see how the fans feel about LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown.   The steeler fans are ready to cut bait with Bell and Brown.    Below I found these 2 articles in the Steeler Depot forum about studies done to see how many All pro WRs and RBs  wind up winning Superbowls.   I was surprised to see since the 80s how few All pro WRs and RBs went on to win the Superbowl.     I found no articles with a breakdown of all-pro QBs winning the Superbowl.   I would think the numbers if a study was done more All-Pro QBs  you would find a similiar correlation

Superbowl Winners with 1st team All Pro Rb

Superbowl winners with 1st team All Pro WR

I became a football fan in the 80s so I still remember how the Superbowl winning teams of the 80s and 90s had these dynamic RBs and WRs lead their teams to Superbowl victories.    I wanted the Jets to duplicate the success of these teams.  I think the low number All pro offensive players not winning superbowl  since 2000 more of a focus on teams developing stout defenses that can slow and/or stop the high powered offensive teams enough to win the game.    I want All Pro players for the Jets because my interest in football goes beyond the end game of winning a Superbowl.  I enjoy watching football and want to see the Jets to do well regardless of the end game.   All pro players shows that the first 16 games of season were entertaining for me to watch.  Therefore, I would like to see LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown on the Jets but I prefer LeVeon Bell because he is less volatile than AB.    AB had just gone off the deep end.  I want no part of AB.  Building a stout defense would also help the Jets chances of winning the Superbowl.  The defensive side of the ball can not be ignored.

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Powell is UFA.  I can see Jets keep Crowell, McGuire and Cannon and move forward.  However, if Jets are there to sign new RB then Coleman replacing McGuire makes sense.

Since Maccagnan is in charge of roster I don't know if replacing incumbent ones into his mind.  There is no right or wrong on replacing RB in the depth as long as Gase utilizes  running game well. umm.

Powell is a guy I think you just need in the locker room. 

Tough runner, good in pass pro and can catch the ball.

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Powell is a guy I think you just need in the locker room. 

Tough runner, good in pass pro and can catch the ball.

Crowell is guaranteed his money this season and I believe McGuire isn’t going anywhere either. Powell is a FA and I believe we upgrade from in FA. Bell as the main target

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Crowell is guaranteed his money this season and I believe McGuire isn’t going anywhere either. Powell is a FA and I believe we upgrade from in FA. Bell as the main target

I know it’s a business I just feel like if we turn this thing around then he deserves to be part of it. He’s up there with Brick and Mangold for me as far as recent Jets go. 

Played every snap like it’s his last and has always been loyal to us.

• Like 1

Crowell isn't guaranteed for 2019.  However, I believe he will have to pass or fail the physical test some time prior to 3rd day of next league year to confirm 2m injury guarantee.

If Jets decided to re-sign Powell then I would be cool with it.  Like him as a true player.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I know it’s a business I just feel like if we turn this thing around then he deserves to be part of it. He’s up there with Brick and Mangold for me as far as recent Jets go. 

Played every snap like it’s his last and has always been loyal to us.

I don’t disagree. But it’s time to turn the page on him. We can’t afford to keep guys around when rebuilding just out of good faith. We have him a good career. Time to turn the page.

IMO you upgrade the OL and the RBs will get better. The colts upgraded 3 of their starters plus had Kelly for most of the year and Mack went from 3.8 yard per attempt to 4.7.  It also helps the offense when the QB isn’t running for his life 

11 hours ago, famousj said:

I have been reading the various Steeler forums to see how the fans feel about LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown.   The steeler fans are ready to cut bait with Bell and Brown.    Below I found these 2 articles in the Steeler Depot forum about studies done to see how many All pro WRs and RBs  wind up winning Superbowls.   I was surprised to see since the 80s how few All pro WRs and RBs went on to win the Superbowl.     I found no articles with a breakdown of all-pro QBs winning the Superbowl.   I would think the numbers if a study was done more All-Pro QBs  you would find a similiar correlation

Superbowl Winners with 1st team All Pro Rb

Superbowl winners with 1st team All Pro WR

I became a football fan in the 80s so I still remember how the Superbowl winning teams of the 80s and 90s had these dynamic RBs and WRs lead their teams to Superbowl victories.    I wanted the Jets to duplicate the success of these teams.  I think the low number All pro offensive players not winning superbowl  since 2000 more of a focus on teams developing stout defenses that can slow and/or stop the high powered offensive teams enough to win the game.    I want All Pro players for the Jets because my interest in football goes beyond the end game of winning a Superbowl.  I enjoy watching football and want to see the Jets to do well regardless of the end game.   All pro players shows that the first 16 games of season were entertaining for me to watch.  Therefore, I would like to see LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown on the Jets but I prefer LeVeon Bell because he is less volatile than AB.    AB had just gone off the deep end.  I want no part of AB.  Building a stout defense would also help the Jets chances of winning the Superbowl.  The defensive side of the ball can not be ignored.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. They're sour to how things shook up between both of them... so they're going to say things bad now. But if they were still in their jersey, theyd be praising how they're the best RB and WR in the league.

So in terms of pass rushers who do we think hits the market? 

Lawerence would be my top guy with us going with the 4-3 (If reports are true) and surely Dallas can’t franchise him again? 

Clowney, Ansah, Clark and Ford I think get resigned unfortunately. 

Flowers, Fowler, Graham and who else hits FA? 

Edited by xenajets

Someone on this FF said Gerald McCoy would be released by Bucs.  It had nothing to do with Todd Bowles because Bucs had been considering to clean up salary cap and lower team age since the regular season was ended.  If true,  Jason Pierre-Paul may be an interesting trade target for Jets.

Jordan Jenkins and 4th round pick for JPP?   GM Jason Licht may want more than that but is it logical trade for Jets?