2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

34 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Jets fans think Lee is terrible. When a player doesn’t live up to his draft stock, fans think they are worse than they are. I’m not suggesting we get him to be a starter. But in a rotation, he can keep other pass rushers fresh. While Lee is better, he is a rotational player for us. I’d rather have players rotating at edge than at ILB. 

Lee IS terrible at certain things, but he’s out of position AND he is getting better. Unless we get a reasonable return, he could be useful. I actually thought he was a decent blitzed when asked too. Maybe we keep him and Gggreggg gets creative with him. Still I would rather see him at around 235 and not the 220 that he looks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xrade said:

Assuming we don’t trade down, I believe we take Allen whether or not Bosa is on the board. I have a feeling Mac, like me, fears his injury history and the injury history of his brother and father. 

While I do agree with this logic and the injury history is a concern, I think Mac has to take Bosa in that spot. When healthy he is way more of a sure thing than Allen is. Mac has to hit on as many picks as possible and because of that, I think he would even take Q over Allen personally, interior DL redundancy or not. Just my hunch. 

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

While I do agree with this logic and the injury history is a concern, I think Mac has to take Bosa in that spot. When healthy he is way more of a sure thing than Allen is. Mac has to hit on as many picks as possible and because of that, I think he would even take Q over Allen personally, interior DL redundancy or not. Just my hunch. 

Posted this and didn’t even see the coin tweet. I still hope another team blows us away with a trade down.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I am so torn between the two, Allen is still a good af pass rusher and is great in coverage. Bosa won't help us in coverage and is injury prone but I think is a better pure pass rusher. I think the one thing we can't do is take Quinnen, normally I say go BPA but the difference is so small and the hole it would leave on our D is too big to ignore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I am so torn between the two, Allen is still a good af pass rusher and is great in coverage. Bosa won't help us in coverage and is injury prone but I think is a better pure pass rusher. I think the one thing we can't do is take Quinnen, normally I say go BPA but the difference is so small and the hole it would leave on our D is too big to ignore.

Take it for what it's worth but PFF graded Allen better at pass rushing this season compared to Bosa in 2017 when he played a full season.  Both were crazy good but Allen was 94 this year Bosa was 92 in 2017.

I think Allen's upside is DPOY special.  I don't get that from Bosa.  I see his brother 10-12 sacks solid against the run which don't get me wrong is a really good player.

4 hours ago, xrade said:

Assuming we don’t trade down, I believe we take Allen whether or not Bosa is on the board. I have a feeling Mac, like me, fears his injury history and the injury history of his brother and father. 

Would you have passed on Eli or Payton b/c of Archie and coopers injuries??

41 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Ansah is like 35 man. He’s cooked.

He’s actually 29.

And he’s had 12+ sacks in two of the past four seasons. His biggest issue is staying healthy. Which is why he will be forced to sign a one year deal.