2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would also like to add that Tampa might be in the market for a QB because I don't see Winston as a Bruce A. guy. I would not be surprised to see them swing a trade for Rosen or move up for a QB so Bruce can have HIS guy.

Arians took that job because of Winston.

21 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read on rotoworld that Mac is looking to move down and is willing to take this year and next year first with a second round this year for 3rd pick. If that is what he wants a team will move to 3rd spot. I also read that Lee is on the block and they want to move him before May 3 when they have to decided on his 5 year option. I have a feeling we will only get a 5th round for him or a swap pick thing. We might see us move a 3rd and Lee to get in the second round. 

Depending on the team that we end up trading back with if we can move back not to far, get into the 2nd round, and get a 1st next year i think i can handle that.  Especially if the team that we trade back with will clearly have a rookie QB and hopefully be terrible.  My real goal would be to end up with a very high 1st next year and then our own.  That can allow us to get a haul when teams wanna trade up for the big name QB's next year.  That is how we build through the draft for real.

Just now, DowNY said:

Would you trade next year’s 1st for Frank Clark, then trade our 3rd pick for a 1st this year (obviously), 2nd this year and 1st next year (to recoup the lost pick for Frank)? 

No, I'm not trading a first for a guy that we have to give a massive contract to.  Also it just seems unlikely with Macc's stance against DV.  

Hold DV crap...

I am not sure if Seahawks will accept only next year's 1st round pick prior to 2019 draft.  A several teams outside top 10 may have no qualms to give Seahawks a current 1st round selection.  If none then there will be more teams than Jets that can fork over next year's 1st round pick.  I don't believe Jets have a shot to land Clark.

Edited by JetsandI

We were rumored to have interest in a trade for Clark... so I assume we aren’t concerned with his past. I do feel like we are going to be doing something soon trade wise. Not sure if it’ll be an early trade for our pick or a trade for a player. But I have that feeling something is up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We were rumored to have interest in a trade for Clark... so I assume we aren’t concerned with his past. I do feel like we are going to be doing something soon trade wise. Not sure if it’ll be an early trade for our pick or a trade for a player. But I have that feeling something is up.

My thought is that after the owner's meetings we'll quickly work out a trade with a team who looks to move up for #3 for Haskins. 

It's all but certain that SF won't move down from #2 (this was fairly similar to the Giants last year; worst kept secret was that they were taking Saquon just as SF is going to take the best defender) and that will become more clear at the meetings. Additionally, teams should gain more clarity on Arizona's intentions as well. If they make Rosen available, it's a clear intication that they're going for Murray. If they don't, it could mean that a possibility remains that both Haskins/Murray are there at 3. The former is more likely, and the latest buzz is the Chargers are the most likely landing spot, which would be the best case scenario for us. OAK has shown a ton of interest in Haskins, so if a team like the NYG/DEN/CIN/WAS really wants Haskins, they'll likely feel compelled to move up to 3, and the Jets showed the world last year that moving up earlier is the way to go. 

Ultimately, I'm sticking with my prediction in my original mock: Jets will send 1(3) to WAS. Compensation will likely be robust, and we should all be happy campers.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

My thought is that after the owner's meetings we'll quickly work out a trade with a team who looks to move up for #3 for Haskins. 

It's all but certain that SF won't move down from #2 (this was fairly similar to the Giants last year; worst kept secret was that they were taking Saquon just as SF is going to take the best defender) and that will become more clear at the meetings. Additionally, teams should gain more clarity on Arizona's intentions as well. If they make Rosen available, it's a clear intication that they're going for Murray. If they don't, it could mean that a possibility remains that both Haskins/Murray are there at 3. The former is more likely, and the latest buzz is the Chargers are the most likely landing spot, which would be the best case scenario for us. OAK has shown a ton of interest in Haskins, so if a team like the NYG/DEN/CIN/WAS really wants Haskins, they'll likely feel compelled to move up to 3, and the Jets showed the world last year that moving up earlier is the way to go. 

Ultimately, I'm sticking with my prediction in my original mock: Jets will send 1(3) to WAS. Compensation will likely be robust, and we should all be happy campers.  

Really would be a good situation for us. I hope we can pull it off

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

When are the owners meetings?

And also i think it is in Oakland's interest to act super interested in Haskin's even if they don't want him, it will make another player that they do want fall right to them.  It would be dumb of them to dispel the rumors of their interest.

14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

When are the owners meetings?

And also i think it is in Oakland's interest to act super interested in Haskin's even if they don't want him, it will make another player that they do want fall right to them.  It would be dumb of them to dispel the rumors of their interest.

In hours and it will last until Wednesday.

edit:  https://www.patriots.com/news/primer-2019-nfl-annual-meeting

Edited by JetsandI