2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Don’t do that lol. Trying to keep all our members here! Even if they don’t see the brilliance of BB somehow

lol Yeah it's really weird but I'm not going to keep fighting for him.  We know what it is. 

5 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

We should sign Nick Perry

Oh god why?  He played 9 games last year and had exactly 2 more TFL than i did.  He was rated terribly by PFF too.  He had 1 decent stretch of play and other than that has been an abject disappointment.  

Edited by rampantjet

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Oh god why?  He played 9 games last year and had exactly 2 more TFL than i did.  He was rated terribly by PFF too.  He had 1 decent stretch of play and other than that has been an abject disappointment.  

Worth a flier because of what he did in 16/17

Sounding like Macc is truly motivated to move down. With that the case, I truly have no idea who we will be selecting this year. Could be anyone. 

Most ideal scenario: swap with Giants, as I still think Josh Allen would be there at 6, but as I've stated previously I think the Redskins will be the team to make the deal. 

1. ARI: QB Murray
  2. SF: DE Bosa
  3. NYG: QB Haskins
  4. OAK: LB White
  5. TB: DL Williams

8 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Sounding like Macc is truly motivated to move down. With that the case, I truly have no idea who we will be selecting this year. Could be anyone. 

Most ideal scenario: swap with Giants, as I still think Josh Allen would be there at 6, but as I've stated previously I think the Redskins will be the team to make the deal. 

1. ARI: QB Murray
  2. SF: DE Bosa
  3. NYG: QB Haskins
  4. OAK: LB White
  5. TB: DL Williams

I don’t think the Giants will trade with us because Gettleman is an idiot. Granted, I would not be shocked if they pass on a QB. 

Does sound like we are very committed to trading down. Besides wanting more picks... I'd imagine after the 1st few players we don't see much of a difference in talent in some players after that. For example we might view Greg Little Justas a good as Jonah Williams for example and think we can still get Little with an early 2nd. Just an example. We also might not see much of a difference between a guy like Allen than that or Sweat or Burns. We know Allen is better, but maybe by not a huge margin.

My guess is that trading out of 3 will be hard and will require a team absolutely in love with someone. 

Assuming Murray and Bosa go top two, I just don’t see anybody a team would trade up for. Allen and Q might turn out to be the best players at their positions, but Sweat, Ferrell, Burns, Simmons, Oliver, Tillery, Lawrence, and Wilkens are all quality prospects. IMO QBs Haskins, Lock and Jones would not  have been taken before any of last years 5 first rounders. They will probably go in the first round this year but I also don’t see any team thinking they desparely need to trade up for  a QB. Miami, Jacksonville,Washington and Denver all have guys that can hold the position for this year so if if they plan to draft a QB, they can sit back and wait for whatever QB falls into their lap. 

51 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I wonder if this trade down occurs before or during the draft. 

My guess would be they would work out an agreement ahead of time but not do it until the Jets are on the clock and they know the player they want is available.

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

My guess is that trading out of 3 will be hard and will require a team absolutely in love with someone. 

Assuming Murray and Bosa go top two, I just don’t see anybody a team would trade up for. Allen and Q might turn out to be the best players at their positions, but Sweat, Ferrell, Burns, Simmons, Oliver, Tillery, Lawrence, and Wilkens are all quality prospects. IMO QBs Haskins, Lock and Jones would not  have been taken before any of last years 5 first rounders. They will probably go in the first round this year but I also don’t see any team thinking they desparely need to trade up for  a QB. Miami, Jacksonville,Washington and Denver all have guys that can hold the position for this year so if if they plan to draft a QB, they can sit back and wait for whatever QB falls into their lap. 

Tillery is a bum turned merc.  Want no part of him.

47 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Tillery is a bum turned merc.  Want no part of him.

Not for us. I was just saying a team might not want to give up a bunch of draft choices when they can get Simmons, Oliver etc. Tillery will probably go on day 2 but I was just making a point about the quality of the other edge and interior defensive players in the draft.