2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Preston Smith is high on my list... but Washington values him, so I think they pay him.

I’m not sure, they still have Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson and Pernell McPhee in the roster with needs else where on defense and WR I think they let him test the market, would be a great LE in Williams scheme tho

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I’m not sure, they still have Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson and Pernell McPhee in the roster with needs else where on defense and WR I think they let him test the market, would be a great LE in Williams scheme tho

Pernell was on a one year deal.  Anderson is still on his rookie deal.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Someone on this FF said Gerald McCoy would be released by Bucs.  It had nothing to do with Todd Bowles because Bucs had been considering to clean up salary cap and lower team age since the regular season was ended.  If true,  Jason Pierre-Paul may be an interesting trade target for Jets.

Jordan Jenkins and 4th round pick for JPP?   GM Jason Licht may want more than that but is it logical trade for Jets?

That’s an interesting trade idea. Jenkins is a misfit in our D and now JPP is a misfit on their side. They have cap issues. So we give them a reasonably priced player who knows Bowles defense and we get JPP at about $12m per year for two years. 

He may actually be a cap casualty as they don’t get hit with any dead money if they cut him. Jordan Jenkins straight up might actually be enough.

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s an interesting trade idea. Jenkins is a misfit in our D and now JPP is a misfit on their side. They have cap issues. So we give them a reasonably priced player who knows Bowles defense and we get JPP at about $12m per year for two years. 

He may actually be a cap casualty as they don’t get hit with any dead money if they cut him. Jordan Jenkins straight up might actually be enough.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/22118/bucs-defense-shifts-into-attack-mode-under-todd-bowles

Oh Crap!  JPP won't go anywhere.

Not a good free agent class and we basically have the number 1 player at each position on our wish list and there is quite a drop off outside of DEs, most of which will be franchised. This is why saving cap room to sign FAs is not how you build a team. A good FA will still have us short of a playoff team. The draft HAS to be much better.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of getting Tyrann Matthieu to play the slot? I've always liked him in that role. I know the Texans had him play S, but I think he has more value in that slot roll where he can cover WRs, blitz and provide run support. Another reason I like him is because if Maye gets hurts, he can switch to FS role. Adams tried to recruit him last year, but we didn't have room for him because of Skrine. Yet another player Bowles lived and died with. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

What do you guys think of getting Tyrann Matthieu to play the slot? I've always liked him in that role. I know the Texans had him play S, but I think he has more value in that slot roll where he can cover WRs, blitz and provide run support. Another reason I like him is because if Maye gets hurts, he can switch to FS role. Adams tried to recruit him last year, but we didn't have room for him because of Skrine. Yet another player Bowles lived and died with. 

I would love that. 

43 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I was a big supporter of getting him last offseason and TM clearly proved me right as I thought he was brilliant this year. 

If we could have Adams play linebacker in some base packages (if we do go 4-3) with Maye/TM as rotating safeties that would give us more playmakers out there. 

Edited by xenajets