Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

17 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Preston Smith and Shaq Barrett.

Preston Smith is high on my list... but Washington values him, so I think they pay him.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Preston Smith is high on my list... but Washington values him, so I think they pay him.

I’m not sure, they still have Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson and Pernell McPhee in the roster with needs else where on defense and WR I think they let him test the market, would be a great LE in Williams scheme tho

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I’m not sure, they still have Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson and Pernell McPhee in the roster with needs else where on defense and WR I think they let him test the market, would be a great LE in Williams scheme tho

Pernell was on a one year deal.  Anderson is still on his rookie deal.

Redskins are still in pickle because of Alex Smith.  His salary cap is killing Redskins next 3 seasons.  Signing Preston Smith for 3 or 4 years may be difficult for Redskins.  Better repeating drafting Edge in 2nd-4th round annually until 2021 or 2022.

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Didn’t realize Grady Jarrett was an FA

Yeah.  And he is not alone.  There are a several interesting UTs available for FA.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Someone on this FF said Gerald McCoy would be released by Bucs.  It had nothing to do with Todd Bowles because Bucs had been considering to clean up salary cap and lower team age since the regular season was ended.  If true,  Jason Pierre-Paul may be an interesting trade target for Jets.

Jordan Jenkins and 4th round pick for JPP?   GM Jason Licht may want more than that but is it logical trade for Jets?

That’s an interesting trade idea. Jenkins is a misfit in our D and now JPP is a misfit on their side. They have cap issues. So we give them a reasonably priced player who knows Bowles defense and we get JPP at about $12m per year for two years. 

He may actually be a cap casualty as they don’t get hit with any dead money if they cut him. Jordan Jenkins straight up might actually be enough.

15 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s an interesting trade idea. Jenkins is a misfit in our D and now JPP is a misfit on their side. They have cap issues. So we give them a reasonably priced player who knows Bowles defense and we get JPP at about $12m per year for two years. 

He may actually be a cap casualty as they don’t get hit with any dead money if they cut him. Jordan Jenkins straight up might actually be enough.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/22118/bucs-defense-shifts-into-attack-mode-under-todd-bowles

Oh Crap!  JPP won't go anywhere.

I wish they were moving on from Lavonte David that is who I would like to nab from them to play next to Lee.  Two athletic LBs like that would be nice behind a beefy front 4.  Sounds like he's staying though according to that article.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.  And he is not alone.  There are a several interesting UTs available for FA.

Keeping an eye on Gerald McCoy.