2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why not keep both for a season?

Rosne doesn’t play his value is the same next draft a 2nd. He does play... that’s a risk, but he could play well and get them a 1st. Let’s not forget it’s not like Murray is this big dude. That possibly can open the door for an injury

Because Rosen will a nightmare to deal with if they get Murray. Will be a toxic locker room for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why not keep both for a season?

Rosne doesn’t play his value is the same next draft a 2nd. He does play... that’s a risk, but he could play well and get them a 1st. Let’s not forget it’s not like Murray is this big dude. That possibly can open the door for an injury

The coach wants a specific QB to play in a specific system. Rosen is not that and Murray is, meaning it's Murray job to lose. With Rosen on the bench for another season, his gets another year older and his value becomes further diminished. 

Using the concept of "Time Value of Money" - it's best to take the best offer now than to wait on a maybe later. He'll be dealt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Rosen apparently on the move. Rumors are Washington... 

Well there goes Washington as a trade back partner.   I was really hoping for that.  I really am starting to worry that we might not have a trade back partner.  Meh Josh Allen isn't a bad consolation prize.

14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Well there goes Washington as a trade back partner.   I was really hoping for that.  I really am starting to worry that we might not have a trade back partner.  Meh Josh Allen isn't a bad consolation prize.

I jumped the gun. It sounds like word out of Owner's Meetings is they're actively shopping him. No destination determined at this point in time. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I jumped the gun. It sounds like word out of Owner's Meetings is they're actively shopping him. No destination determined at this point in time. 

The 3 he has been linked to are the Giants, Pats, and Chargers per reports.

Pretty much no matter how we slice it. Yet another team will be out on trading up. Really leaving us with just 2-3 options. I think we either don’t trade back or we don’t get the value we all seem to think we might get for the pick. We will see. Adding future picks would be great. But so would adding Josh Allen... so it’s a win win.

• Like 2

You guys are WAY over thinking this trade down thing. The more we wait the better. The price only goes up as draft day gets closer. You will ALWAYS have 2 or three teams looking to move up for a QB IF that franchise thinks that is the QB. If Haskins and Murray go 1 and 2 that means there will not be a trade down. I'm more afraid of that then teams trading up. So what if Rosen is traded. The guy is trash and has zero leadership skills and does not play well under pressure. That means he is an Andy Dalton type guy if he reaches his max. The jets will get good offers the question is do you take Allen or the draft picks. 

I think if Rosen is traded it would be to the Charges. They need a QB to give the team hope when they move into their new stadium. The kid went to UCLA so you have a local boy that can learn from Rivers who will show him how to be a leader and carry the team. The problem is he won't listen and be trash. The Charges will waste a second round pick on him which is pretty much a 3rd round pick because it is so low in the draft. No way do the Chargers get a chance for a good QB in the draft because they will be pick way down. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You guys are WAY over thinking this trade down thing. The more we wait the better. The price only goes up as draft day gets closer. You will ALWAYS have 2 or three teams looking to move up for a QB IF that franchise thinks that is the QB. If Haskins and Murray go 1 and 2 that means there will not be a trade down. I'm more afraid of that then teams trading up. So what if Rosen is traded. The guy is trash and has zero leadership skills and does not play well under pressure. That means he is an Andy Dalton type guy if he reaches his max. The jets will get good offers the question is do you take Allen or the draft picks. 

I think if Rosen is traded it would be to the Charges. They need a QB to give the team hope when they move into their new stadium. The kid went to UCLA so you have a local boy that can learn from Rivers who will show him how to be a leader and carry the team. The problem is he won't listen and be trash. The Charges will waste a second round pick on him which is pretty much a 3rd round pick because it is so low in the draft. No way do the Chargers get a chance for a good QB in the draft because they will be pick way down. 

I agree and disagree. Where I agree is that the QBs are set now. Baring an off the field issue or something. They’ve done the combine, pro days, etc. At this stage you either like the guy or not. Where I disagree is the value going up. In fact it goes down. The less teams in on a guy the less the price is bc less teams bidding. Rosen gets traded, that’s 1 less team trying to trade up. Making our trade back less value. And like we all knew. This class isn’t great. So to think we’d get what we did, is optimistic. You put Darnold in this draft and he’s hands down the #1 pick. And all 4 of the QBs drafted high last year would be ranked higher than that of Haskins or Lock.

I keep on saying it...I will be very angry and upset if we trade down for anything other than a kings ransom. This is not a year when there’s players who we don’t want/need. 

There will be either Bosa or Allen available at #3 and picking them will be amazing. To not take that elite pass rusher we need an offer to blow us away. 

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree and disagree. Where I agree is that the QBs are set now. Baring an off the field issue or something. They’ve done the combine, pro days, etc. At this stage you either like the guy or not. Where I disagree is the value going up. In fact it goes down. The less teams in on a guy the less the price is bc less teams bidding. Rosen gets traded, that’s 1 less team trying to trade up. Making our trade back less value. And like we all knew. This class isn’t great. So to think we’d get what we did, is optimistic. You put Darnold in this draft and he’s hands down the #1 pick. And all 4 of the QBs drafted high last year would be ranked higher than that of Haskins or Lock.

Or the teams that missed out more desperate.