jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

41 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Or the teams that missed out more desperate.

Who’s desperate though? That doesn’t have a stop gap atleast until next draft when the class is better.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Who’s desperate though? That doesn’t have a stop gap atleast until next draft when the class is better.

This is why I’m not expecting us to trade down. Or if we do trade down, the value we get back will be close to what the trade chart suggest. I don’t see the team that is desperate enough to pay a premium. Like you said, there’s  also the thought that next year’s class will be better. This is a 2 QB class and the top guy is likely going #1. Are teams really going to pay a ransom for Haskins when they have a stop gap and can wait for next year’s class? I think it’s far fetched.

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Or the teams that missed out more desperate.

BINGO!!!!!

There is always teams that get desperate. They are trying to save their job (GM/Coaches) and will make that desperate move hoping this will save them. Redskins will be desperate, Denver, Jacksonville, Tenn Raiders and maybe Giants. These teams are getting desperate for a NEW QB and look. I don't think Flacco is the answer for Denver and they want a rookie to compete it not win the job. Elway is feeling the pressure and he will get desperate. Tom C. in Jacksonville is getting desperate too and knows if Foles tanks he has nothing left. There is no young QB to put them on the path. Like I said the longer you wait the price goes up because you have less and less options. The Jets want Allen or Bosa bad and other teams know this. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Pretty much no matter how we slice it. Yet another team will be out on trading up. Really leaving us with just 2-3 options. I think we either don’t trade back or we don’t get the value we all seem to think we might get for the pick. We will see. Adding future picks would be great. But so would adding Josh Allen... so it’s a win win.

I agree, either way we will do fine.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Any team can just plug and play a QB and call them a stop gap if they want.  Hell you can go play QB and be a stop gap if that's what the team labels you. 

The fact is Haskins looks like a legit QB prospect and teams never know what is going to happen next year.  Haskins looks just as good as any of the 2020 guys not named Tua so if any of these teams like Haskins they should be smart and go get him.

Any of these teams could be in the same place next year just out of reach of a Tua or Herbert.  What if teams ahead of them don't want to trade out and MIA and NYG stink and Was is 5-6 range is MIA trading out, no, is NYG trading to help WAS get the 2nd QB, probably not now WAS is left stuck with the 3rd QB and maybe they don't love who that is do they just take them because they have too?

So much can happen and GM's/coaches aren't planning for 2020 unless they know their jobs are safe and I bet for most of them if they plan on being a top 3 team to get a QB their jobs aren't really secure. 

Edited by Rockice_8

We can’t trade down and miss out on those who stud edge pass rushers for a half assed trade though. If yes the case sit tight and pick either Bosa or Allen. It’s not like we are desperate to trade down 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

We can’t trade down and miss out on those who stud edge pass rushers for a half assed trade though. If yes the case sit tight and pick either Bosa or Allen. It’s not like we are desperate to trade down 

Disgaree. While I support edge this year in the draft and do think that is the direction we will go one way or another Round 1. Id gladly welcome OLine as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Disgaree. While I support edge this year in the draft and do think that is the direction we will go one way or another Round 1. Id gladly welcome OLine as well.

I couldn’t disagree more with the notion of trading down for ‘only an additional second rounder’ and dropping to say #7 or #10. 

The drop off in talent from Bosa and Allen to the other pass rushers is far more significant than just an additional second rounder in my opinion. As for the offensive lineman it’s an even bigger drop off. 

Would you rather an elite pass rusher (think Mack/Miller) or a good lineman and a solid pass rusher (think Tunsil and Z.Smith)

For me Id rather the absolute stud pass rusher than two good players. Ideally we would have all three but Macc is yet to convince me of his drafting outside of round one. 

Edited by xenajets

26 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Hope this comes to fruition.

Running out of a 2 TE set with Anderson, Enunwa, Herndon, ASJ, and Bell could create some big boi mis-matches 

29 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Running out of a 2 TE set with Anderson, Enunwa, Herndon, ASJ, and Bell could create some big boi mis-matches 

I'm not really sure ASJ has proven to be a mismatch for anyone.

11 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'm not really sure ASJ has proven to be a mismatch for anyone.

I think he’s proven that he is a mismatch in th red zone.

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I think he’s proven that he is a mismatch in th red zone.

.... dude has 11 TD's in 5 years in the league..... in that case I am much closer to also being a mismatch than i thought.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

.... dude has 11 TD's in 5 years in the league..... in that case I am much closer to also being a mismatch than i thought.

The year he spent on the Jets he was screwed out of multiple TDs. I’m not saying he’s great, but I think he makes for a good #2 TE who would compliment Herndon’s skill set well. 

54 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

The year he spent on the Jets he was screwed out of multiple TDs. I’m not saying he’s great, but I think he makes for a good #2 TE who would compliment Herndon’s skill set well. 

Exactly, if you’re lining up with two tight ends with Bell behind the line a defense will have to stay honest. He’s not a game changer but he’s a big body that could take advantage of a LB.